ecu help needed

johnl

Middle Lane Hogs
Have a problem with my 1998 wrx lads, a few days ago a rubber where the steering column goes through the body came out of place. We disconnected the battery,disconnected all the plugs under the column and dropped down the column. We pushed the rubber back into place and connected everything back up.
When I turned on the ignition, the fuel pump and the rad fans kept cutting in and out every 5 seconds, also a relay mounted on the left side of the engine bay with vacuum pipes coming off was making a chattering noise. I then started the car and the engine light kept flashing.
I had an auto electrician with it today and he couldnt find the problem but thought the problem was with the ecu.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated?
thanks

did you connect the set of green and black plugs under the dash for the fault codes by accident :dontknow:
i actually did it b4 and was getting a similar problem to what you have........

Thanks for the solution but I have another problem, the brown relay on the drivers side under the dash is not being powered by the green wire from the ecu, the engine check light and fuel pump relay not working but If I engerise the brown relay by supplying power to the green wire just for a second check light comes on and fuel pump runs and car starts. When I switch off I have to engerise every time to get car to start.
Any advise please?

Back