Check engine light

Scouserlad2007

Petrolheads
Lads,

Check engine light came on when I started my car this evening and stayed on for the whole journey home, drove the car easy all the way home. Where do I go from here???

Cheers in advance

Jonnie

Check and see if it's gone when you start it up again!
If it's gone at a guess it could be your knock sensor :dontknow:
was on mine!
Failing that, Subaru dealer 10euro get fault code read :thumbsup:

get someone to check fault codes as Gav says..........

Could be a million and 1 different things

Can you not check yourself? There is two cables under the steering wheel AFAIK that you plug together and the check engine light flashes and tell's you the code then.

Can anyone confirm?

Steve.

@ Ciaran, cheers for the offer man but wanted to get it sorted asap as need the car for work and couldnt have got to you until next week. turns out it was the knock sensor, the guys in carroll and roche adjusted it so its fine now, checked over the rest of the car and said all was well, so should be cool, cost 50 lids though!!!

thanks again lads

Jonnie

[quote author=Scouserlad2007 link=topic=20828.msg253530#msg253530 date=1264692334]
turns out it was the knock sensor,

[/quote]

Coopster shoots and scores :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scouserlad2007 link=topic=20828.msg253530#msg253530 date=1264692334]
@ Ciaran, cheers for the offer man but wanted to get it sorted asap as need the car for work and couldnt have got to you until next week. turns out it was the knock sensor, the guys in carroll and roche adjusted it so its fine now, checked over the rest of the car and said all was well, so should be cool, cost 50 lids though!!!

thanks again lads

Jonnie

[/quote]

When you say adjusted it? Was it tightened as in bad earth etc? May show its head again.....

Were e35 for Select Monitor Plug in........

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=20828.msg253651#msg253651 date=1264719162]

thanks again lads

Jonnie

[/quote]

When you say adjusted it? Was it tightened as in bad earth etc? May show its head again.....

Were e35 for Select Monitor Plug in........
[/quote]

im not too sure Dave, me Da dropped it out as I was in work but thats what me Da was told anyway...

Light came back on this morning so knock sensor needs replacing, im not off until Monday, will I be OK driving the car until then??

And am I best bringing it to carroll and roche to get sensor replaced or any traders here do it???

Cheers

Jonnie

dead easy to fit jonnie!!!!
just buy a sensor and one of the lads out your way will give you a hand i'm sure!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back