Plug your laptop into apexi power fc?

TommyM

Petrolheads
I was talking to a man during the weekend who reconed his friend has an impreza with same ecu as me (apexi power fc) and he can plug his laptop into the power fc and change the map to 1 of 3 maps his tuner put onto his laptop ,said he has 3 maps on the laptop and can plug it into the power fc and change onto the map he wants ?? ,he said he has a cable that plug laptop into power fc ?

is this true?

I suppose it would be possible alright......
if ya werent 100% sure of what ya were doing ya could make a complete balls of the engine tho id say

using template maps is dodgy...same model same year car with no mods can still require diffferent inputs

Basically just re-flashing the ECU, as Dave said enough, unless the maps were specifically made for your car I wouldn't touch them...

Steve.

it is possible but maps would only be of use to car that it was mapped for.

a lot of Legacy ads in the US use Cobb accessport, so when they go to stage 1 parts wise they can simply load a map on through the access port. obviously cutsom map would be better, but proves popular with the yanks

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=20813.msg253197#msg253197 date=1264604790]
it is possible but maps would only be of use to car that it was mapped for.

a lot of Legacy ads in the US use Cobb accessport, so when they go to stage 1 parts wise they can simply load a map on through the access port. obviously cutsom map would be better, but proves popular with the yanks
[/quote]

on the newer ecu its not as big an issue as they have more dynamic abilities to adjust timing and boost but on an a power fc(unless im mistaken?) they are static inputs

would it be possible he maybe got the mapper to make a few different setups for him and just saved a copy to the laptop instead of on the ECU?

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=20813.msg253235#msg253235 date=1264609501]
would it be possible he maybe got the mapper to make a few different setups for him and just saved a copy to the laptop instead of on the ECU?
[/quote]

It would be yeah, its just an image that can be re-flashed at anytime.

Steve.

Id imagine untold damage could be done if one didnt know what they were doing.

Better off leaving alone tommy

:smokin:

You will need the likes of FC-Datalogic which plugs into the apexi ecu and then you can change/alter all parameters +upload different cals.

I have the FC datalogit software and cables.

Yes maps can be changed in seconds, but as the guys were saying it'd be a bad idea to stick another cars map on yours as it could be set up different.

Best thing to do would be when getting mapped and saved to the laptop, the map could then be adjusted to suit economy or race fuel. Then maps could be changed when needed

Back