Octane Booster :o)

MurphWRX

Sunday Drivers
alrite lads

i have a 06 WRX with prodrive, i'm running lucus octane booster in it and its pushing out 229bhp for the last year, i went up the north and filled up with super unleaded and wen't back to the rolling road with a tank of the super in it and its running 262bhp, i can really feel more power in the car when using super unleaded?
is the octane booster i'm usiing not a good one as i got it from damo hahaha  i'm using a half bottle with a full tank! i tryed using a full bottle and it's still the same as a have bottle..

is there a better octane booster out there or is the car jus maped for superunleaded?   :roll:

Murph

NF race formulae is the best..but its 115 STERLING for 5 bottles best price i can get on it..in tests it brought 95 up to 98.9..only use 250 ml as well which is very impressive

hey thanx for the reply,
i've done two rolling roads one with Lucas and one with superunleaded, and there's 33bhp more with the superunleaded, and even feels alot more powerful than the lucas, :dunno:

i'll look into the NF race formulae, Dagnut are you using NF yourself?

Murph

Its not the octane booster there is not much difference between lucas and Nf both give more or less them same results, its the petrol down here is in most cases lower than 95ron (92 to 94) in most cases esso or shell would be the best bet for good juice and the busier the garage the better ( not Vpower or tecron)... what petrol do you use ?

Philip.

Hey Murph, NF is very good but Lucas so far has worked very well on most cars. I take it that the test was done on the same rolling road yeah ?

no i use lucas it works great for me I have to say would have no complaints(i always use a full bottle but)..Haven't got around to buy nf formulae but am getting 5 bottles of it end of month so il let you know..just from what i read on a number of sites and articles NF seems the best..but you have to get the race formulae...33bhp seems like a huge difference where the runs done on the same day same conditions etc?

No doubht NF is one of the true octane boosters. Like you say Dave its very hard to do a test if its a different rollers or even if its not the same temps or day etc. The Lucas is suppose the be the equivalent to around about 98ron. Thats how it reacts on 90% of cars that have been mapped.

There is evidence that octane boosters like NF & Lucas will not work with petrol that already has an additive such as Shell v-power & Texaco with techron .

I have always used NF since the super unleaded was withdrawn.......recommended by wr1 club....and most experts as being the best......However I have definitely noticed a drop in power.....Also just recently the exaust was a strange colour.....like a rusty colour.... Brought the car to Martin at Westwood.....294bhp....supposed to be 320bhp......and he reckoned that it was definitely the fuel that was causing the drop in power....and also in was the booster that was leaving the odd colour in the exhaust..He had seen it before...He recommended a booster I never heard of to try..NOS.....which he says is safer for catalytic convertors.....Will be trying this shortly...
Ken

Ken the NF does Tango everything inc sparkplugs etc. It might be from using to much or just because your using it for a long time. Niall Barry's whole car turned from black to orange when he used alot of it :D

Ive seen the NOS booster used twice before on mapping days and it dident appear to make any noticeable differences. I think six spoke clive might have tried this one aswell, Im sure he will confirm.

Id stick with the NF because thats proven.

thanx lads! ye same rollers not the same day but was the same conditions. i get my fule from the On The Run's or esso, don't use V-power. i've tryed a full bottle of lucas but its seems the same as a half bottle, but when i put supperunleaded in it feels a hell of alot more powerful,

westwood said that because the car has a prodrive ecu (which was maped for superunleaded) that using an octane booster wouldn't inprove the power much!

i ordered one bottle of NF race, so i'll see how i get on with that.. if its better i'll buy tat instead of lucas!

thanx again lads for the replys :thumbsup:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=2405.msg21872#msg21872 date=1179603069]
NF race formulae is the best..but its 115 STERLING for 5 bottles best price i can get on it..in tests it brought 95 up to 98.9..only use 250 ml as well which is very impressive
[/quote]

£115 for 5 bottles ?

Are you sure about that ? it should be more like £69.95 for 5 bottles + delivery.

[quote author=Ken link=topic=2405.msg22081#msg22081 date=1179820612]
I have always used NF since the super unleaded was withdrawn.......recommended by wr1 club....and most experts as being the best......However I have definitely noticed a drop in power.....Also just recently the exaust was a strange colour.....like a rusty colour.... Brought the car to Martin at Westwood.....294bhp....supposed to be 320bhp......and he reckoned that it was definitely the fuel that was causing the drop in power....and also in was the booster that was leaving the odd colour in the exhaust..He had seen it before...He recommended a booster I never heard of to try..NOS.....which he says is safer for catalytic convertors.....Will be trying this shortly...
Ken
[/quote]

The discolouration is normal with NF, overdosing can cause plugs to need changed more regularly than the standard intervals but apart from that used correctly it's one of the best.

320bhp on a WR1 is seldom reproduced.

[quote author=Performance Subaru link=topic=2405.msg22257#msg22257 date=1179947226]
[/quote]

£115 for 5 bottles ?

Are you sure about that ? it should be more like £69.95 for 5 bottles + delivery.
[/quote]

can you do it for this price? il take it

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=2405.msg22272#msg22272 date=1179953480]
[quote author=Performance Subaru link=topic=2405.msg22257#msg22257 date=1179947226]
[/quote]

£115 for 5 bottles ?

[/quote]

can you do it for this price? il take it
[/quote]

That's what we charge for 5

http://www.performancesubaru.co.uk/products_info.asp?id=205&cat=46

Prices and quantities at the bottom :)

Hey KEN don't use NOS it's crap !!

AS for octane booster's V's performance. The booster is only as good as
the re-map. If your engine has not been mapped for the booster it will only offer
more protection as opposed to any real performance gains possibly slight gains.

Before i got the car mapped i used Millers CVL Turbo & then NF
both tangoed the plug's,Lamda sensor, Turbo & exhaust :wall: :wall:

Millers CVL Turbo been the worst (you have to use 2 btl's) which makes it pricey
but it dose work might be good for a track day etc................. ie. limited use.

NF is v.good again if i was getting car mapped i would use a half bottle per tank.

The reason i use LUCAS is because after mapping cars with NF & LUCAS there were practically the
same but LUCAS works out a €12 per bottle while NF is €21 aprox

NF is proven world wide !!! hence the cost

Niall.

Does anyone know how silkolene pro boost compares to these, i was told it is good. Its 30 euro a litre, im using half a litre per tank, im not sure if it makes a difference, 1.5L in 50L of petrol is supposed to raise it byt 3 ron, .5L only raises it 1 ron. Does anyone know what the NF race formulae is like in terms of how much you need to use to raise the RON # how much? ALso how big are the bottles?

Back