Variable power surges or power drops in freezing fogs ? ? ?

Tombusa

Sunday Drivers
Hi

I was driving home this evening and there was pretty bad fog - no more than 3-5 streetlamps cold be seen at motorway interchanges

About every 2-3 minutes (I timed them) there would be about 1-2 momentary surges in power - I know it sounds silly to say it but it could have been the power coming back after a little loss - only momentary for a second or two.

It was probably pretty drastically cold in terms of windchill - the fog would build up as ice on the covers of the wing mirrors - but not as cold as like driving in minus seven which I did earlier in the month

It was hardly the cold and the thickness of the fog affecting the air mix being sucked into the engine? ? ?

Pretty dodgy theory - but anyone have any ideas

t

(2006 wrx sti )

TBH i don't really know :dontknow: but i remember a clip where Peter Solberg was explaing
that for every degree colder it gets you get aprox 1 extra BHP .

He was explaning that there was a big differnce in the cars performance from the cold snow covered rallies
to the very hot rallies.

So maybe this had something to do with it ......................but more than likley you have a sensor that needs replacing.

When i have replaced an o2 sensor in the past ,you'd know it had to be changed casue the car would be down on power ,
run rough and also would run rich.

Niall.

Back