water leak

tractorman

Hi Guys

Head is wrecked,the wifes car(vw bora 1.4 2001) has a serious leak in the rear passenger floor,about 4 inches deep. Checked seals around the sunroof,put green dye at the front of the car and orange at the back,poured water all round,no result..... :ponder2:
Only other thought would be a crack in the pollen filter housing as per posted on the internet

any ideas greatly taken on board :thumbsup:

not sure about the bora but i think they are all the same ,most vw and seat cars have a metal panel behind the door trims it carries the door lock and window reg etc ,there is a seal around this panel and its known to fail if you remove it and apply sealer to the panel it will stop the leak have done a few passats and seat leons with this issue hope this helps

i'd say its coming in up at the bulkhead and running under passenger front seat....
can be very hard to locate...strip out the carpet and lie in the passenger floor and get someone to pour water down the front windscreen...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=20742.msg252379#msg252379 date=1264274882]
i'd say its coming in up at the bulkhead and running under passenger front seat....
can be very hard to locate...strip out the carpet and lie in the passenger floor and get someone to pour water down the front windscreen...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

.....with swimming goggles on :thumbsup: :lol:

Back