Using engine flush before changing oil??

Kielyb4

Petrolheads
Whats your opinion lads?

My mate read that it can do more worse than good putting this in your car for a bit before changing your oil :naughty:

What are your touts?

Cheers :subaru:

I wouldnt use it either to be honest....

If i was worried about havin crap in the engine id probably empty out all the used oil
Fill it with cheap oil, run the car for a minute or two then empty that out again
then refill with the good stuff and a nice new filter........

Should have nothing left that shouldnt be there that way

I was told before that the engine flush gets rid of a carbon build up that gathers inside your engine sealing any oil leaks etc. Getting rid of it then means you could end up with more oil leaks than anything. I could be way off with that though, just what i was told. :thumbsup:

i wouldnt put it in your car ,ok for a quick fix in a car like a diesel with valves sticking or something like that............

Wouldnt use it either, heard the same as mark there.

If it were me id do as hammie says, drain oil and put some cheapish stuff in, run it till its nice and hot and drain again then new filter and good oil :thumbsup:

Don't have an issue if used as directed on a subaru turbo car that has used very poor quality oil for long period or extremely overdue oil change such as by 6 months or a year overdue . We use Motul Engine flush if requested. Although after used on cars described as above and serviced correctly thereafter we would see no need watsoever to use.

It can thin oil which is where incorrect usage can be dangerous.

Back