what power is an Exedy stage 1 clutch able for?

TommyM

Petrolheads
as above ,have the exedy stage 1 clutch in my car and exedy lightweight flywheel ,i recently brought the power up to 330bhp and i think its after slipping a fieu times after a good driving ....are they known to slip a bit when hot?

:ponder:

NO only when worn ,

Most of the lads here use Exeddy , think the stage one is good for 450bhp and similar torque figures.

Niall.

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=20683.msg251885#msg251885 date=1264115828]
when you say stage 1 do you mean proper pink box organic kit??

if so about 400/400..
[/quote]`

im not sure Dave ,i bought it from a trader on the site so its genuine exedy if thats what you mean?
still if its able for 400/400 i shouldnt have trouble ,i did a trackday fieu months back and i did a bit of messin around in the snow maybe i wore the clutch :doh:

thanks for advice lads

one thing to watch for when it comes to the lifespan of a clutch is the flywheel. if it is worn or skimmed incorrectly, the disc will not have to wear as much before it will start to slip.

its in nearly 2 years ,i dont drive it much just at weekends and a day or 2 during the week ,ah sur il drive it for the weekend and see if it does it again

if the fly wheel was skimmed when you fitted the new clutch it should be grand

it could be the rear crackshaft oil seal gone and its dipping oil on to the clutch and making it slip the odd time

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=20683.msg252095#msg252095 date=1264172942]

it could be the rear crackshaft oil seal gone and its dipping oil on to the clutch and making it slip the odd time
[/quote]

I actually wouldnt have thought of that myself............
Must remember that if i ever have problems...

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=20683.msg252095#msg252095 date=1264172942]

[/quote]

it was a brand new exedy flywheel i put in same time as i put in the exedy clutch so wouldnt of had to be skimmed ,i didnt think of that seal that would definatly be worth checking :thumbsup:

its in nearly 2 years ,i dont drive it much just at weekends and a day or 2 during the week ,ah sur il drive it for the weekend and see if it does it again

Emmm................maybe it's me but I would of said 2yrs was about the life span of an Exeddy clutch.

It is a performance clutch so it will never last as long as an OEM one , of course it all depends on your driving
style but TBH i've often replaced one after 12mths .....................i've grown up a little sine then :icon_grin: :icon_grin:
but ya if you drive hard they ware quick.

Niall.

niall i heard you had a heavy foot

now i know its a the left one and not the right :multijump:

...................left foot braking , no lifting accelerator on gear change , it's the
only way to get the kids to school on time :tongue: :tongue:

Niall.

Back