Key

H

hiwd

Hey lads,

Just wondering if anyone has experience in getting half a key out of the ignition of an Impreza? :icon_redface:

Cheers,

Steve.

yeah , loads but not an impreza !!

take it , you had no joy ...?????

il tip up that way later and have a look if u dont get sorted b4 that , bar that could be an ignition out jobbie depending how much/far key is in ignition :thumbsup:

The car is still in Finglas outside my girl friends house. Gonna try get it out again today, I wouldn't ask you to drive all the way there man.

Not fun at all, maybe a pair of watch makers screw drivers
might be worth trying. Tesco's sell a set cheap enough if you wanna try them,
they even come with a twizzer.

why cant you start the car mate???
put the other half in the ignition and get it home...
done it loads of times.. :ponder2:

@Dan :mooner:

@Aido, also a :mooner: and thanks. I'll look into that :icon_grin:

@Murto, cheers for that, my girl friends dad is actually a jeweller, I'll see if he has anything.

@Marko, I tried that but can't get it to turn. Is there an act to it only you AA lads know about??? :icon_grin:

Thanks lads.

Yup its locked, i fiddled with the key for a good half hour trying to get it to start but no joy.....

Dan, your not helping here, its a serious situation :lol:

did you break it starting or turning the car off??
put the top half of key in ignition and jiggle steering wheel...you know yourself...
patience is the key...no pun intended. :icon_grin: :icon_grin:
theres no reason why the key should not turn steve...
i'll be in ashbourne later if your still stuck..txt or ring me on 0876362599 and i'll get it going for ya..
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It broke while already started. I'll give it another go later on, the car is in finglas though. Wouldn't expect you to go out there.

Cheers dude.

Steve.

Cheers man, I'll give you a bell. At least if we get it started I can get it home. I'm paranoid leaving it there overnight again.

Thanks dude.

have you got a spare key???
i might be able to retrieve broken key...unlikely without pulling barrel out as ross said...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nope, the spare key was on the list to do, was actually going to go to mac mac this weekend to get one :hammerhead:

Mac mac, said he can still cut me one, once I can get the other half of the key.

Steve.

Back