squeeking noise feeking noise

could be few things............

does it happen when turning steering wheel whilst stopped or only moving?

I'd say Bushins! It should get worse with time, but I could be wrong.

Keep slight pressure on the brake when cornering. eliminate the brakes first. give the wheels a good tug to see if its bushes

mine was making a squeeking noise untill yesterday(sounds like a high pitch squeel),it was comming from the front drivers wheel. i took the wheel off and didn't find anything so then i took the disc and caliper off. i noticed on the inner brake pad that either side of it there is two small pieces of metal and with the pad worn down they were exposed to the caliper and rubbing off it,i think they are there to stop stones lodging themselves in the pad so all i did was bend them back enough to give enough clearance on the disc. only took about 20 min to do and sorted the squeel out!!! :thumbsup:

I may be wrong but I think those metal pieces are there to warn you that the pads are worn down and need replacing??

Alan.

mabye but the thing is that there's quite a bit left on the pads? anyway sorted now

mine was making a squeeking noise untill yesterday(sounds like a high pitch squeel),it was comming from the front drivers wheel. i took the wheel off and didn't find anything so then i took the disc and caliper off. i noticed on the inner brake pad that either side of it there is two small pieces of metal and with the pad worn down they were exposed to the caliper and rubbing off it,i think they are there to stop stones lodging themselves in the pad so all i did was bend them back enough to give enough clearance on the disc. only took about 20 min to do and sorted the squeel out!!!

As Alan said , these are to tell you to fit new pads ! When you say there's quite a bit left on the pads , how much is that ? Anything less than 2mm you should change the pad .

If you give a well worn pad some stick there isn't enough meat left to absorb the heat & it will literally disintegrate leaving you with metal to metal contact which will quickly wreck the disc . I learned this the hard way during a track day .

Back