max safe boost on standard wrx turbo

ste-v9

was having a chat with one of my mates the other night and both us were left wondering what would be the max safe boost you could run on a standard 06 wrx turbo??

and the car would be gettting a remap to run this but also would you need to upgrade the fuel pump on it aswell??

thanks in advance

If your going for a remap, I'd get a decat, panel filter and fuel pump as well. That will give you good results. The mapper will know what to run the boost at to keep it safe.

Steve.

with a remap 1.3 BAR to 1.4 BAR I'd say (Might be more being such a new car :dontknow: )

I would recommend fitting a Walbro and also a Fuel Pressure Regulator to handle the extra fueling needed to keep it safe. The Factory pump will do the job though, but the walbro has the higher litres per hour and is an all round better pump

On a 06 2.5 wrx be in around 1.2 bar.

Factory fuel pump is fine with factory exhaust.
If de-catting stick in a walbro fuel pump. No need for uprated fuel reg at that level as factory one more then capable.

Recommend a de-cat, uprated k&n panel filter or induction kit, vf34/35/43 turbo for sti, sti pink injectors, sti new age tmic incl bonnet vent tray. that'll bring some great improvment. Still no need for uprated fuel reg with above turbos. Original fine.

Back