wrx -v- forester

wjc

Petrolheads
my brother in law bought a turbo forester today.....00 reg...,so what he wants to know,

is there much differance in my wrx engine and his turbo forester engine,parts,exhaust,turbo,bhp.....also i have a towhitch i bought for my 97 wagon,will it fit his forester,thanks lads.. :thumbsup:

Forester S has a smaller turbo, 2pot brakes and a higher centre of gravity,
Weight difference is aroung 50Kg, the higher centre of gravity. Handling can be sorted to be significantly better than how it comes out of the factory though. More tricky on a uk spec s-turbo due to the self levelling struts at the rear ( need to swap struts+springs instead of just springs ) , but investing about a ton on a thicker rear arb & droplinks makes a world of difference...
Depending on the model there around the 177bhp mark from factory but that can be fixed
alot of the parts from the same year wrx will fit the Foz and Sti parts make for good upgrades :thumbsup:

Almost everything is the same. I fitted a TD04L turbo from an Impreza, full stainless steel exhaust from turbo back, Dawes boost controller and a TEK 3 remap and mine went fron 177bhp to 268bhp. I also have Brembo 4 pot brakes on the front, with 22mm front and rear anti roll bars from a Sti type R, and shock and springs from a WRX wagon all round. The result is a fairly low Forester, but it handles a bazillion times better and goes like stink.

DSC_0456.jpg

thanks for the info...il let him know the story,i wasent to sure as i dont know anything about the forester,handy that most parts can be used.. :thumbsup:

Back