SOLD -- Cheap Legacy GTB - slight damage -- SOLD

zaphy

Sunday Drivers
I'm probably going to let my legacy go.

Had a very low speed smack into a ditch yesterday, unlucky in hitting a patch of snow with ice under it on a corner where a big pile of rocks jut out. Genuinely wasn't even going quick. Damage done is mainly cosmetic - Front bumper is shattered at the passenger side, and the wing is bent back. Foglight and headlight smashed as well but I have spares of these almost new.

The connector on the vacuum canister got bent backwards as well but I think from looking at it a small weld will fix.

Other than that the car is in perfect shape. NCT was only done 2 or 3 months back. It is due a timing belt shortly alright but not for another 10k kilometers or so.

Between the cost of insuring/taxing/running it, the cost of repairs, and the cost of getting the timing belt done in a couple of months has me thinking I might just leave her off, get a cheap runabout for now, save the money and be back in a scooby when I can.

She's a 1996 GT-B Twin Turbo, Automatic. 245,000km's on the clock. NCT is good till June 2011, taxed till Feb. 1 brand new tyre, 3 others around 70% - 17" alloys.
Had an almost new steering rack replaced for the nct - full service done only 3 weeks ago.

Best offer I've gotten for breaking is 800 quid so if anyone can top that or if you've something reasonable to swap for I'd be interested. It's a shame to break it as it's been running perfectly, but with the damage and the high mileage it's going to be hard to find a buyer.

Said I'd chance putting it up on donedeal for 1500 but as I said 800 is the best I've gotten so far and it has to be worth more than that.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1090135 Pics are pre-damage. If anyone wants pics of it as is I can take some.

Cheers

Re: Cheap Legacy GTB - slight damage

that adverts.ie is a gimpy oul site,no phone numbers or anything on it,they nearly have a sh1t in there pant if you look for a phone no

Half delighted, half completely gutted but she's sold - off to a mundane driving life in a diesel for a while till I get a scooby back under me backside again.

Cheers froggy & Davelegacy for your offers but sold privately in the end.

Back