freezing dump valve

shaneo mack

Sunday Drivers
Has any1 had de problem of a dump valve stickin because of this cold weather. Its grand most de time but take it out de road and de cold air blowin through de scoop seems to freeze it a bit and it wont release! Was also wonderin where de pressure that was supposed to come out of it goes?

It will go back towards the turbo (essentially in the wrong direction) but strain on the exhaust turbine.

I stand corrected?

As Andy said, this leads to a pressure build up, but not on the exhaust side, on the compressor side, between the turbo and intercooler. I've heard this can shorten the life expectancy of a turbo but I dunno for sure. I know Bob Rawle's car doesn't run a BOV :ponder: and thats something mental like 500Bhp

Either way i dont think its good. Tryin my best not 2 drive it on so i wont build up boost. Turned back the screw on it and it seems to have made it a little better anyway. Waitin for the weather to pick up so i can take it for a right good spin. Last 2 months its either been pissin rain or freezin :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

Back