petrol problem?

Scoobyturbo

ISDC Club Member
have noticed over the last couple a days that my petrol seems to be disapearing way to fast
i put e10 petrol in mon,tue and wednesday and its back to bottom line already
could the weather be causing the petrol gauge to read wrong?
have being taken it easy so cant see how id have used it already

petrol dont normaly last long in me own yoke but dont go this quick either
maybe its me going harder than i think
cheers

Could it be you are driving in 'lower gears' following the long lines of 'slow traffic' and also 'bored' by this kind of driving so noticing it more? :dontknow: Also there is still a fair bit left in the tank when it shows empty. :icon_jook:

As above, AFAIK there is close to 10 litres left in the tank from the empty mark to properly empty in classics :thumbsup:

theres only 15 miles from light on to cut out in a newage driving at snail pace!!!
learned that embarrasing lesson!!!
:icon_redface: :icon_redface:

Put 20 quid in mine on Wednesday and its only going empty now, I normally go through it in a day. Snow is making it better :icon_grin:

[quote author=gonzogicker link=topic=20356.msg247894#msg247894 date=1262925939]
Could it be you are driving in 'lower gears' following the long lines of 'slow traffic' and also 'bored' by this kind of driving so noticing it more? :dontknow: Also there is still a fair bit left in the tank when it shows empty. :icon_jook:
[/quote]
thats prob it i never really pay attention to the petrol guage and have being watching it as im driving slower in lower gears sounds bout right

cheers

You really should stick more than a tenner in at a time as you dont want to get any crap that might be floating around the bottom of the tank. A tenner would barely get me out of the petrol station.

The cooler air will make a difference, more oxygen in - more fuel in . . . . .
Better bang out of her :icon_grin:

Hello Lads,

On the newage cars your petrol light will come on with approx 10lts left in the tank and 7.5 / 5lts in a newage Spec-C :thumbsup:

So if you drive around with the fuel light on for a few miles and then you only do a small top up e.g. €10, it will not be long until you get the light on again :thumbsup:

Depending on your injector size / set-up etc, you can burn A LOT more fuel when in a standing / idling driving situation :doh:

Cheers,

Michael

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=20356.msg248017#msg248017 date=1262973486]
You really should stick more than a tenner in at a time as you dont want to get any crap that might be floating around the bottom of the tank. A tenner would barely get me out of the petrol station.
[/quote]
i try never let it go below the line its on the bottom line last 3 days even after putin 10each day in it should still move up a bit
was giving it a bit more stick today than i have being latly and pin didnt move at all no petrol light warning either.
i think its the cold weather thats playing around with it some how
dont want to fill it as il end up enjoying the snow to much
will keep an eye on it next few days and see what happens

cheers

Back