**** HELP NEEDED**** FORESTER HUB QUESTION..?????

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Hi all,

Can anyone answer this.... is a MY98 Forester rear hub the same track as a 22B's?????

I've heard rumours before that they are and it would help me hugely with my WRC wide track build I'm doing as I've just been informed by RCM that a 22B rear hub is £1385 sterling not including the VAT.... each!!!! :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

That meeans for me to gain 13mm either side over a standard Type R track on either side.... it will cost me €3250 not including the shipping.... :eek7:

I know a newage has a wider track.... but I'm not sure what is involved in swapping this over... ie... diff.. drive shafts... bottom arms... ARB... trailing arms....???? :ponder2:

Nor do I know how much wider fitting a newage running gear will increase track... so if anyone knows I'd be greatly appreciative! :thumbsup:

Many thanks,

Jamie.

Why not just use spacers from the likes of fk automotive they are german and all there parts are tuv approved so good quality they have spacers that bolt to your hub and then have five seperate bolts for the wheel i have used them before and no prob alot cheaper than anything else

[quote author=wagon dec link=topic=20334.msg247649#msg247649 date=1262866792]
Why not just use spacers from the likes of fk automotive they are german and all there parts are tuv approved so good quality they have spacers that bolt to your hub and then have five seperate bolts for the wheel i have used them before and no prob alot cheaper than anything else
[/quote]

I've been advised by quite a few people including Matt in RCM that wheel spacers that wide (25mm needed)... will adversely affect handling... and are known to chew the sh*t out of wheel bearings! :doh:

I've a +35 offset Speedline rim going on the car....and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the ET as standard wheels is approx +53... which means I need to find 22mm as the new arches I'm fitting widen the rear track on either side by 40mm... 13mm of the 22mm I need to find comes from a wider 22B hub which means all that is required after that is a 5mm spacer I hope! :pray:

1998 Forester front track (mm): 1,471, rear track (mm): 1,450

22B Front track: 1480mm Rear track: 1500mm

Cheers Scruff for the Info... :thumbsup:

That rules Forester hub option out as that track width is the same as a standard Impreza (1450mm)! :doh:

That's means track is only 25mm wider either side on the rear of a 22B even though the arches are 40mm wider on either side of a 22B... hence the wheels don't fill the arches!

Just found out that 2006 STI has 1496mm rear track... 4mm off 22B... and... 2008/2009 cars have 1540mm track... which is better again if stuff swaps over!

Anynone any ideas what's involved with swapping over rear hubs/arms/driveshafts of an 06 car or an 08/09 car to a Type R???? :dontknow:

oh right, but the lower the et on a rim the further out it is. i remember when i had the saxo i had 18" rims on and there was an et 18 offset and probs with so if subaru is standard et53 if you fit an et 18 rim you will gain 35mm in track width on each side and the load is still carried at the same bolting point as standard

I know what you're saying Dec... :thumbsup: the only prob is I have the sweetest 18" magnesium Speedlines that I'm getting reconditioned (see pic... not my actual wheel) that are the only wheels I wanna fit... and there an ET35 as they're off a 22B. Hence the big problem of widening the track!

ah that makes sense now ,i taught you had not got rims yet :thumbsup:the 05 up cars have 5x114 pcd all older ones are 5x100 so wheels wont fit on man if you fit 06 stuff on the rear

would it not just be a straight swap?? ask jp he put new age in his i think, then your prob would be a shorter main shaft if there is any difference.

oh and who did you get to do your wheels

[quote author=wagon dec link=topic=20334.msg247722#msg247722 date=1262882073]
the 05 up cars have 5x114 pcd all older ones are 5x100 so wheels wont fit on man if you fit 06 stuff on the rear
[/quote]

Never thought of that... :wall:

[quote author=noeler2006 link=topic=20334.msg247741#msg247741 date=1262889583]
oh and who did you get to do your wheels
[/quote]

I've a couple of guys in the UK... one in Yorkshire and one in Scotland. I've spoken to both but haven't decided as of yet who to send them too. I may have a 3rd option so as soon as I find out who's got the best reputation I'll let you know. Not cheap though... approx 150 sterling per wheel... depending on damage and no. of welds required.... plus shipping!

[quote author=Pete link=topic=20334.msg247749#msg247749 date=1262891101]
22B offset is ET 48 Jamie
[/quote]

Cheers P... Sorry... I know offset is ET48 on 22B... but I meant ET35 wheels I got came off a 22B... which apparently fitted better than standard ET48 wheels coz the extra 13mm meant they sat all the way out flush to arch. :thumbsup:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=20334.msg247903#msg247903 date=1262939238]
[quote author=wagon dec link=topic=20334.msg247722#msg247722 date=1262882073]
the 05 up cars have 5x114 pcd all older ones are 5x100 so wheels wont fit on man if you fit 06 stuff on the rear
[/quote]

Never thought of that... :wall:
[/quote]
its only sti's that have the 114 fitment is it not???
you can get adaptors to keep the 5x100 fitment on the 5x114 hubs!!!
froggy might be breaking something like that or mckeevers will defo have it!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=20334.msg247659#msg247659 date=1262870647]
Anyone any ideas what's involved with swapping over rear hubs/arms/driveshafts of an 06 car or an 08/09 car to a Type R???? :dontknow:
[/quote]

Anyone any ideas on the above... is the increase made up in the hubs or are the rear arms and drive shafts longer. I'v gotten my rear arms,shafts & hub carriers off my car... might need to borrow someones newage to offer them up! :pray:

Not sur if it any help, but there was a guy in Wexford got a set of these for his 22B, they were badly stone chipped etc etc, he got them repainted in a bad shade of gold... is them??? reason i asked was his wheels were too big for 22b and he had to trim arches.. think they came off a bugeye wrc

Hey Ken.. dunno if they're the same wheels. They have been painted and they have a lot of gravel rash on the inside due to being on a GRP N forest set-up car at some stage. Don't think they are off a Bugeye WRC as the PCD is massively different on the a WRC hub and the ET is only +14 on WRC wheels. I got these through Wes in WKD Imports who had them on a 22B he owned at some time. Even if they are the same wheels I shouldn't have a clearance issue on the WRC arches I'm ftting as they are cut way higher than a 22B's.

Is this your Wexford guys car with the wheels....?

Back