Legacy doesnt like the snow :(

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So went back out to start the car up and check out the warning lights and see were they still there. started the car and both abs and engine check light still there. so i thought i would disconnect the battery to clear the errors, i only took off the positve and alarm went off, remembered then that your are supposed to disconnect positive first :wall: any way put the positive back on started the car, it struggled to start, engine check light went but abs light was still there. car barely ticked over only idling at about 200rpm. car couldnt get traction in reverse up the small incline either .

Will disconnecting the battery properly again solve the issue or did i fu*k something up? need to get car going again for the morning. Any suggestions?

seems like problem relating to abs sensor maybe, resetting the ecu causes the engine check light to go but abs light remains. idling revs return to normal but when i try and back out of my driveway, which has slight incline and is covered in snow engine check light comes back on, car wont reverse and revs drop to about 200 again. i did at one point try to get up on the path to overtake some stranded cars and bad ice patches and maybe i damaged a sensor on one of the wheels. Anyone know where the abs sensors are?

would they be clogged up with ice and snow, i could not see the brake's on my car because the snow and ice just got in everywhere looks like white disc wheels

managed to reverse the car out of the driveway after about 10m of driving forwards the warning lights went off idling returned to normal! took me about 10 attempts at reversing to get her to move though. i wonder why the revs would drop so low like that if its an abs problem. anyway after my day as mr plough i think it deserves a rest! roll on tomorrow!

maybe the hand brakes cables have froze or one of your brakes have froze on

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=20316.msg247523#msg247523 date=1262817266]
maybe the hand brakes cables have froze or one of your brakes have froze on
[/quote]

but that wouldnt explain the bad idling? revs were only about 200-300 like the car was nearly going to cut out :ponder2:

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=20316.msg247538#msg247538 date=1262819728]
Piece of scrap Dan, get an Impreza :icon_grin:
[/quote]

shut your face Steve, your probably still stuck in Park West. Can your car do "the crab"? well mine can! :subaru:

[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=20316.msg247539#msg247539 date=1262820010]
[/quote]

shut your face Steve, your probably still stuck in Park West. Can your car do "the crab"? well mine can! :subaru:
[/quote]

Just waited for the traffic to die down, left at 8 and got home in an hour without my dash lighting up like a christmas tree :icon_grin:

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=20316.msg247550#msg247550 date=1262821112]

Just waited for the traffic to die down, left at 8 and got home in an hour without my dash lighting up like a christmas tree :icon_grin:
[/quote]

dash bulbs are probably an optional extra on your yoke!

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=20316.msg247564#msg247564 date=1262822729]
[quote author=hiwd link=topic=20316.msg247550#msg247550 date=1262821112]

[/quote]

dash bulbs are probably an optional extra on your yoke!
[/quote]

Ahh shh, I win :icon_grin:

does your car have the self diagnostic plugs under the dash Dan? might be able to plug them in and clear the error codes that way :dontknow:

ye i think its obd2 connection. no error lights this morning, car is ok it seems, would codes still be in the memory?

Back