Wanted 17 or 18" Wheels

Yogi

Petrolheads
Right lads, story is, I have been offered a direct swap for my 4 pots on my STi against Brembo's. A fella has them for a rally car but he runs 15" for forestry and has no use for them.
Problem is is that I need 17" wheels to fit them on. I have 16" Gold Speedline 2108's (5 off) not even 1 scratch on any wheel. 1 of them is still in the box it came in and never even seen day light. They are genuinely like new. Have brand new Goodyear Eagle F1's on them (german ones with 7 digits) - only about 500 - 1,000 miles.
Does anyone have a set of 17" wheels and tires that would be interested in a trade or direct swap?

Don't want to sell these wheels as they are absolutely perfect but the offer of Brembos is too good.

Cheers,

Re: Wanted 17" Wheels

Would I be better with 18's so? Is there any issues with clearance on the classics with 18's?
Do you know of anything Dave? Will be talking to this fella Thursday and want to commit to them as soon as possible.

I have a set of 17" gold Motorsport but 2 of them have a gud bit of kerb damage and 2 need tyres changed.Dont know if they will go over the Brembos.

Cheers for the offer Woogy, but ideally I'm looking for ones with very little if no kerbing at all. Tires are not important but wheel condition is pretty vital, as mine are immaculate and the rest of the car is clean enough too. Don't want a rough set of wheels letting down the car.

Thanks anyway. Anybody else with anything?

Oh ya, these 16's are GrpN rally wheels and are strong as fook. Would be a great set of track wheels also.

might have a set of tenzo r mach 10s for sale brand new in silver size 18X215X40.................€900 with tyres.

I wouldn't put 18" on a classic. 17" would be your best bet, Only sold my MY03 Sti wheels yesterday. I think I know where there's another set going for sale though. I'll Phone you when I get details. Their off a 03 Sti to so look the same as the ones I had advertised on the site. Good tyres on these though. If I don't ring you there sold. :thumbsup: :subaru:

@555-Scooby; I don't have that sort of money lying around. Will need to trade in my own wheels against some thing that price. Mine cost me €900 (not including vat) plus tires. They are a pricey wheel and having 2 sets that price is too much.

@EricSti: Ya I was wondering that. Would the 18's be very tight with the arches? Davelegacy told me though that not all 17" wheels will clear Brembos. Any ideas if these do? Thanks a million for the offer and def keep me posted please. Would he have any interest in the 16's? Otherwise I'll try sell them off seperately.

Cheers lads, keep the suggestions and offers coming please. As I said I'll prob need to commit to these this week and if I miss out on them I should be shot..

Image025.jpg
[/img] might have gold available in 17"

@yogi yes ericsti set will clear brembos in 17's as these are the standard 01-05 sti gold rim..

tyres wider so these may rub..

@555-Scooby: How much are you looking for them? What make are they and what condition are they in? Do they come with tires?

@Davelegacy: Cheers bud. Was onto Eric yesterday and he's going to find out if they are still for sale and what additional brackets & spacers might be required. He suggested that the rear disk protective plate be removed and a new hanger/bracket is required for the back. Do you know if they'd rub on the inside or on the arches? As in will I need to fold the arches or use spacers?

Surely other people with classics have gone down this road before. What did ye do?

You have to get the bracket from God Speed in england Ph: 00441656723060 ask for Ian. Garry is doing the same as yourself but due to suspension mads he's getting rubbing from the original My01 Sti wheel. But with no mods on yours they should fit! best of luck mate. :thumbsup: :subaru:

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=2312.msg21306#msg21306 date=1179233777]
You have to get the bracket from God Speed in england Ph: 00441656723060 ask for Ian. Garry is doing the same as yourself but due to suspension mads he's getting rubbing from the original My01 Sti wheel. But with no mods on yours they should fit! best of luck mate. :thumbsup: :subaru:
[/quote]

Cheers Eric. Talk to you later bud...

Eric was saying that I'll need a bracket for the back. Not sure what for, that's why I wanted to find out what the story was from people who have fitted these wheels and Brembo's to a classic.

Do you think I'll need spacers etc? Will I need to modify/change the hubs etc or will they be a direct fitment?

@ericsti: Any news on those wheels? Are they for sale still? How much? What condition are the wheels in (scuffs etc) and what tires are on it (make and condition)?

Ring me and I'll give you Garry's number. He's going through this at the moment and he'll let you know what the braket is for and what else he had to do.

Will give you a shout later on. Am still in work. Cheers.

Did the newer Imprezas that came with the Brembo's as standard have Brembo's on the back too, or did they just have the 2 pot calipers?

They are basically offering me the whole set for mine.

Cool. Cheers Dave.
I presume they need the brackets that eric is talking about. Will ring Garry later and find out what is involved.

Back