What back box ?

richiemac

Petrolheads
Anyone recommend a back box that isn't too noisey ? Getting tired of the drone off the Peco one i have on. See a second hand P1 box on ebay but i'd rather buy a new one if possible. Any ideas :dontknow: :thumbsup:

I have a HKS Hi-Power Exhaust system on mine, 3 inch turbo back though. But I'm sure you can just get the back box, it is quiet at low revs and loud when your giving it a bit of stick :icon_grin:

hey lad ive a blitz nur spec on mine, nice and loud and sounds the buisness and just put in the bunge into the back box to make it quite, lovely that way if the kids are in the car it wont be over loud :thumbsup:

h&s back box is just nice on there own if ya want something that will give the rumble without the headache

[quote author=tommy 555 link=topic=20260.msg246955#msg246955 date=1262684569]
h&s back box is just nice on there own if ya want something that will give the rumble without the headache
[/quote]

+ 2

Hayward & Scott all the way Richie... got one on my car and they are lovely warm rumble... not intrusive and loud enough when lit! :thumbsup:

Fitted bung yesterday for the first time.The exhaust is only a whisper now.Great for a long journey i'd say.Did affect pickup a fair bit though.

That looks fairly restrictive alright...........the one i got has adjustment on the slots so i'll start on fully open and tweek it from there. Just want to dull it down a little............

Would defo go for the hks hi power, have one on my legacy and gives a lovely low rumble when idle and when you give it a bit of foot sounds even better,

Can pick the back box up off ebay cheap enough. Got mine from newzealnd and think it was about 250/300 all in delivered to the door :thumbsup:

Just a tip for you guys running with a bung.Use a spring washer or double nuts on the bolts.Lost one on the way to work today.Not too serious as the other bolt kept the bung in place.Took bung off now for a play in the snow on the way home hopefully. :653:

Back