Bushing Supplier

Colm Mc

Sunday Drivers
Can anyone recommend a supplier for the rear subframe bushings on my classic Impreza? I havent priced the main dealer yet but I imagine they will be expensive!

Pretty sure Whiteline have a set. Check with the traders here, STi Tuning supply Whiteline gear, not sure of who else.

Steve.

Whiteline seem to do a diff locking set alright but Im not sure thats what I need. The parts Im looking for mount the rear beam to the chassis.

i think i know the bushings you are on about , i had to replace mine .

nearly sure they cost me around 80 euro from subaru in lusk :thumbsup:

80 Euro each? I guess that isnt too bad - I'll go with the Subaru stuff so. These are the bushings that sit just behind the sill - one on the left & one on the right, yeah?
Were they hard to fit, does the whole beam need to come out?

i just done the whole rear end of my legacy 20 bushings in all. and yes u will need to drop the whole subframe.

I figured as much. I had to do the same job lately on my E30 Beemer. Awkward ole job, wishbones, diff, brake lines, halfshafts all had to be taken off. Im hoping the Impreza will be less work!

EDIT: Where did you source the bits for your Legacy?

[quote author=leoquig link=topic=20258.msg246723#msg246723 date=1262621687]
got them from larkspeed very good service
[/quote]

You fitted powerflex bushes rather than standard rubber items? Howw do you find them, are they harsh?

ya fitted powerflex bushes they are much harder than standandard. i just need to soften my shocks a bit. do u have coilovers or standard shocks?

The whole car is completely standard WRX spec so Im a bit slow to fit hard bushes, from what Ive seen in other cars they can be quite harsh.

i have hks coilovers and combined with the bushings the car is quite hard. if you are only replacing the subframe bushes the car should feel fine, the powerflex bushes are handy to fit once the old bushes are removed.

Back