another new member here,just wonderin am i the first new zealand member.

K

kiwi

i just bought a 94 wrx. Living in leixlip and am shifting to wexford next week. is there many members in wexford. Been waitin to get a subaru for a few years now. Its still restricted though and im wonderin how i get this unrestricted.

Firstly welcome along,and think your the first Kiwi... :thumbsup:
And as far as restricted i asume you mean its still standard,well the best thing to do is get her de-catted and re-mapped,... :thumbsup:

yea it cuts 112 mph and that all the speedo goes up to. also wondering if speedo was missed around with because it is only mph inseatd of ks and its an import.

Ah now i see...its easier than all that then,you need to get the coverter and change it from kph-mph,behind the clocks on the speedo cable you plug this gadget in and in coverts all to mph,thats it really...

Hello Kiwi,

Welcome to the club  :thumbsup:

To answer one quesation Jap (import) cars are limited to 112mph. This is a speed limiter which you can have removed. In later cars it is done through the ECU. I think it's the same for you car, one of the lads here will know.
The clocks on your car may have been changed when it was imported. These can be changed back handy enough.
You should also check if your can was ever remapped for 95Ron fuel as the Jap cars are normally set to run on a higher octance. 

Cheers,

Michael

Welcome :thumbsup:

AFAIK your model is limited manually (ie not through the ECU)
This is very easily removed with a little gadget that's basically like a mini gearbox that changes the speedo to read in mph rather the kph and thus allows your car to go to 180mph instad of 180kph.

Now that fact that your speedo's are in MPH is a bit strange :dunno: especially if it's still limited....
Could they be stickers placed over the kph ones?

Alan.

welcome Kiwi, im from Celbridge myself, what does your car look like, ive probably seen it about

welcome kiwi i dont know of the amount of members in wexford but i know of 5 in waterford if ur ever around :subaru: :subaru: :headbanger: :headbanger:

thanks for the repiles ive never done this before .just wodering were can i get one of those little gearboxs?and i think it is a stiker over the clock but would like to get a new clock if that is poss as it looks as if it been mucked around with.and to lad in celbridge u wont have seen me around i only got insured yesterday so today was my frist day out really and it was great i was racing motox last year but keep getting injured so scooby is replacing the bike and i have to say i couldn't tell u which one i prefere it was agreat day

to davelegacy re clocks for sale i would love them should arange to meet up during the week and ill take them of ur hands thanks.also looking for front bubper and grill because mine has after maket front spoiler and it makes look to plastic

Back