GEARBOX REBUILD

cwrx

Sunday Drivers
Hi All,

I want to know how hard it is to replace synchros in the gearbox of my 98 WRX? I am a mechanic myself but I have never worked on a Subaru gearbox before. What will I be letting myself in for? Any ideas how much the parts are from Subaru? :ponder2:

Engine will also be coming out for some minor repairs and engine bay will be re-sprayed also. This will be my project for the New Year. :icon_grin:

Any help and possible recommendations on the matter would be greatly apprecited.

Cheers
:thumbsup:

All i know lad is that the boxs split left right instead of front to rear and the gear clusters are shimmed in place if it was me id just get a second hand one be as cheap

thanks for your help lad. will ring subaru for prices and advice also and ring a gearbox centre as well for a price for a reconditioned box. anyone else out there with help or advice please reply. :thumbsup:

Ali burrows does a good job and doesnt charge over the top,rebuilt my gearbox a while ago,he is a trader on here give him a buzz

All depends what is damaged and worn in your box,he is honest as I thought my box was badly damaged but he filled me in what went wrong,wouldn't go down the 2nd gearbox route you dont know how it was maintained or treated. Where are you based?

co cavan. my box is just hard to get gears when pushed hard. i am really on a tight budget to get her back on the road would love to do it all myself to say i did it and save myself money

Back