fuel pump

shaneo mack

Sunday Drivers
Was just wonderin what de symtoms are for a fuel pump thats on its way out? Car is runnin like a pig. Its fine for de first half n hr but after that it gets very sluggish and chokes as im accelerating. No smoke, warning lights or any funny sounds 2 report. Any ideas????? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

sounds like the fuel pump could be on the way out. I had that issue before. When i put the foot down it would stutter and chokes. Broght it to carroll and roach and my fuel lines were all blocked and need a new fuel pump/i tried to sort it and ended up snapping one of the fuel line feeder pipes :hammerhead:

Got the lines cleared and a 2nd hand original fuel pump and it was grand but if you are getting new fuel pump you are better of getting a walbro i suppose. They are only about 90 notes

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

It could be the fuel pump alright or could be a few other things. I know you said no CEL has come on but it might be worth having it check on a subaru diagnostics just to be sure no errors are recorded :thumbsup:

Yeah de pump n filter r all fine. Checked the ignition leads last nite was gettin a reading of between 6 & 8 but i dont known what there supposed 2 be so if anyone know what reading i should be gettin post it up.

Seems 2 have been 1 of the plug leads. Swapped it 4 another standard 1 jus till I get a new 1 tomorro n the car seems 2 be runnin fine since. Thanx for the input lads :thumbsup:

Back