Bypassing Immobilzer

qball

Sunday Drivers
Howya lads have a mitsubishi colt 96 has an imobalizer on it, just lost kezs can anyone tell me if its possible to bipass imobaliser so i can get her going with spare key that has no chip in it.

It is possible but very complicated. As an alarm installer I wouldn't be willing to give out this info on the open forum

Best go to the main dealer and get a replacement key made :thumbsup:

If its a factory immobiliser, i wouldnt think even an Alarm installer will be able to help you, key will have to be orderd from main dealer to match chassis number/ ecu

Hi lads got a friend of Steve Guard to come over and sort it out hes gonna cut and program 2 keys for 280 today. Panic over pocket empty.

[quote author=KENC link=topic=20061.msg244327#msg244327 date=1261673169]
If its a factory immobiliser, i wouldnt think even an Alarm installer will be able to help you, key will have to be orderd from main dealer to match chassis number/ ecu
[/quote]

I beg to differ Ken, how do you think an alarm installer gets remote start to work on a car with a factory immobiliser? It has to be bypassed :thumbsup:

[quote author=qball link=topic=20061.msg244329#msg244329 date=1261674930]
Hi lads got a friend of Steve Guard to come over and sort it out hes gonna cut and program 2 keys for 280 today. Panic over pocket empty.
[/quote]

Glad you got it sorted man :thumbsup:

i dont know? by maybe taking chip out of key and taping it to igition barrel or something:)

[quote author=KENC link=topic=20061.msg244384#msg244384 date=1261701087]
i dont know? by maybe taking chip out of key and taping it to igition barrel or something:)
[/quote]

:icon_biggrin: I've seen that done alright but not my idea of secure! I've also seen a spare key taped to the back of the ignition :cuckoo:

By doing that the immobiliser is effectively non existent, I rather a method of allowing the alarm to switch off the immobiliser when it needs to start the car remotely meaning that the car still has the factory immobiliser in place and a standard copy of the key (without chip) will not start the car.

Seen them falcon ones that custom motion sell

Falcon Remote Start Transponder Bypass Module

Bypasses factory fit engine immobilisers where a transponder chip is embedded in the ignition key. The system works by using one of your spare keys to transmit the uniquely coded signal to the receiver coil in the key cylinder.

The key is placed inside the bypass module which is then located in a secure place under the dashboard. A lead then runs from this and loops around the ignition barrel.

Please note this item is not compatible with BMW or Audi immobilisers.

http://custommotion.ie/product_info.php?cPath=26_374_391&products_id=2823

Clifford do a similar universal item but they also do a box that records the code and sends the code to the ignition when the remote start engages. Its a lot safer than leaving a spare key in the car.

There is a manual way of doing it too, but it is an always on system, ie. once your wire it in, the factory immobiliser is no longer be switched on and any key will start it :thumbsup:

yea the taping key or chip to steering colum wouldnt be exactly the most security or insurance approving way of doing things:)
I always thought with factory immobilisers it was a case of main dealer having to ass rape you for a new key, programing etc etc..
Scoobymaniac, i know you dont want to give out details, but just for my own curiosity, could you get the above colt going without adding any hardware or is it a case to get it going you would have to fit some kind of device?

Yeah I could,
There is a way of bypassing the immobiliser just by wiring, without adding anything really :thumbsup:

Some factory immobilisers aren't so easy to bypass though, and do require a bypass module or the key. Some cars record the amount of keys present on the system and all keys have to be programmed together, so even if a spare is cut and coded it won't start the car, handy if you lose a key you can have the remaining keys coded again and the lost key won't start the car anymore.

Yea, sometimes all the security measures can become a pain in the nutz down the ownership line, kind of like locking nuts.. alrite for the guy that has the key for them.
How much would a simple audible alarm that provides RCL on a car that only has KEY Central locking?

Just depends on make and model of alarm, anything from €30 to €300.

Even a simple alarm will still need a bonnet switch and some other work or else it'll be easily removed by a thief, sure if your interested send us a PM :thumbsup:

Back