t1R or f1's

which tyre would be your preference ???

• Total voters

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
is one better than the other , or are there any other( better) options ??

cheers

I've drove scoobymaniac's car with F1's and they are unreal, I'd highly recommend them if you can afford em. There on my shopping list :icon_grin:

i have t1r on the road wheels and they are great, just as good as the f1s that on the track wheels i have.

i go for the t1r just for price!

The Goodyear Eagle F1's would probably better in the wet but other than that I doubt anyone short of a racing driver would be able to tell the difference between them. I put 4 new Mitcheline Pilot Sport SP2 on my car last month and while they are undoubtably the best tyre I've ever put on any car I've ever owned, they were a crazy price at 260 a corner :icon_rolleyes: The turn in is definitely sharper and they're quieter but in all honesty I couldn't say for sure, apart from these two improvements whether they're much better than any of the Bridgestone Potenzas S-03, RE 050, Re 050 Asymetric or Goodyear Eagle F1 I've had before.

AFAIK No car manufacturers fit Toyo TIR as OEM tyres, probably because the thread compound is very noisy but that's not an issue with an Scoobys with a decent exhaust system. Like the T1R, the Goodyear Eagle F1 is also soft compound so expect similar levels of tyre wear. I f you want a great tyre that is brilliant in the dry and wet and lasts a long time then I'd recommend the Bridgestone Potenza Re 050A ( Assymetric). They are a little noisey but are a similar price as the T1R, will far outlast them and (to my mind anyway) are a nicer looking tyre!

If you just want the best tyre out there then the Mitcheline PS2 seems to be winning all the most recent tyre awards but I just dont think they justify the price of them.

Frawls

cheers lads :thumbsup:, and frawls :clap: for the effort of reply .

think im goin for a set of toyo,s

[quote author=ScoobyMick link=topic=19998.msg243645#msg243645 date=1261403812]
Running T1-R's at the moment and cant fault them :thumbsup:
[/quote]

as above.. I've just ordered a new set of T1R's .. I have 28k miles done on my current T1R's and still plenty left.. but then again I drive like an old granny anyway

bridgestone potenza 050a are the best tyre iv ever had on any car to be honest .saying that i just put a set of michelin pilots alpins on the van, 220 a corner but the grip on wet roads it unreal.

i had the goodyear eagle f1s on my car an they are savage id say the toyos would be good to lad
use notting else on the trucks great tyres

HAd F1's before and didn't last me pissing time the toyos i had lasted longer and were no worse gripwise. They're my tyre of choic from now on. camskill do them cheap.

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=19998.msg243702#msg243702 date=1261416363]
cheers lads :thumbsup:, and frawls :clap: for the effort of reply .

think im goin for a set of toyo,s

[/quote]
You're very welcome. I wrote an article on tyres for Drive magazine a good few years ago and had to do a lot of research on tyre compounds, thread block design and thread patterns. The science behind making tyres is mind bogling and very expensive which is why I admire a manufacturer like Toyo so much which has a tiny budget in comparisson to the established marques like Bridgestone, Mitcheline, Pirelli, Continental and Dunlop.

The general rule is the softer the compound the better the grip but the higher the tyre wear. Harder tyres have less grip but last longer but maintain their grip for longer when you get some heat into them. For general road use a tyre which is somewhere in between is the best compromise and the RE050A is the only one which has all the credentials you're looking for plus has far lower wear rates.

Frawls

Had the Re070 on for the trackday and they were brill on a dry track :dance:
don't know what they would be like on a wet track :dontknow: but would probably be ok when warmed up a little.

I have the T1r's for the road and find them very good the Re070 are a fooker for tram-lining and the T1r's sorted that :thumbsup:

Back