Car overheating

Kielyb4

Petrolheads
Hi lads,

Driving my b4 today and it over heated. All the coolant was gone and water all over the engine bay.I filled the bottle back up with water and drove around for a while. There didnt seem to be any leaks in the rad but still the temp was too high

Any ideas what it might be? burst rad/water pump claped out?

Any help would be great

Cheers :thumbsup:

Could be a lot of things. You have to wait for the pressure to build up to find leaks etc.

Could be a seized thermostat
Could be a Burst hose
Could be a failed water pump seal or bearing

Check for the leaks first and get back to us with more info :thumbsup:
or get on to the traders and have them take a look :subaru:

Cheers for that,

I took it for a drive earlier and the fluid didnt seem to go down but it still overheated.Mite get somebody to throw an eye on it tomorrow to see what the story is.

Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

In general subaru's can suffer from air locks in the cooling system if filled wrong too, so watch out :thumbsup:

That'll do it alright! Glad you found the issue, hopefully thats it :thumbsup:

Got a new rad from couture and it over heated on the navan road :angry1:

So bled it again and seemed to do the job. Really good red from couture and at a grat price too

Cheers Nick :thumbsup:

Hopefully its all sorted now! :hammerhead:

Yeah the standard rads in the legacy don't last any length, the alloy ones from couture are nice alright :thumbsup:

yeah they are lovely alrite.I see in one of your replys on a post that you had to get 5 vacum pipes replaced, did you get them from subaru? and are they dear?

Cheers mate :icon_grin:

[quote author=Kielyb4 link=topic=19992.msg244350#msg244350 date=1261683511]
yeah they are lovely alrite.I see in one of your replys on a post that you had to get 5 vacum pipes replaced, did you get them from subaru? and are they dear?

Cheers mate :icon_grin:

[/quote]

Not at all,change them with some silicon hose,not dear at all but a few tips,do one at a time and check the hoses that you remove for restrictor pills other than that your laughing :thumbsup:

Back