Fuel Consumption

J

johng

Lads, the price pf Petrol is up again, and i'm starting to notice a significant dent in my pocket from all the juice i'm pumping into the scooby.

i worked it out and i'm only averaging between 25 and 30 mpg with a 2 liter non-turbo :guinness:

is that normal?

Does anyone else have any fuel consumption figures that match that?

Used to get 32-34 mpg in the FWD 1.6, lucky to get 30 mpg in the AWD 1.6 and got 24 mpg on my first fill of the WRX (hoping some day I'll get to fill it again :roll:)

Yeah I get around 25 mpg in my Impreza Turbo.

John any news on whats wrong with the car.

I used to get around 30mpg in the 2.0rx i used have.

i can get around 25-26mpg on my 02wrx

mack

[quote author=eamo link=topic=2265.msg20727#msg20727 date=1178715424]

John any news on whats wrong with the car.
[/quote]
Will find out tomorrow Eamonn......bit more than a battery anyway, that's for sure!!

ya the price increase has made a big difference.. I did alot of driving last week(well not really) and I put in €150 of petrol :eek:mg:... I get depresssed just thinking about it :roll:.. The sti is doin about 22 -24 mpg :(

Lads for anyone who has the apexi hand controller or similar.
Normally i average 18mpg - 20mpg TypeR 1.3bar boost

At the weekend i was using 0.9 bar boost and was averaging
24 - 26 mpg .......................big differnce when you consider i done
900K :shock: :shock: ...................must admit the car was alot slower

Niall

27 mpg!

feck sake! now another reason for me to buy a turbo IS better fuel economy

Average around 20 mpg but goes down to 15 mpg when towing loaded car transporter !

"I did alot of driving last week(well not really) and I put in €150 of petrol"
150 notes, jesus man did you even lift your foot off the floor :lol: :lol: :lol:

i drove to the beach from limerick on a friday and saturday, spent €100 on petrol that weekend, it would have been cheaper to stay down there overnight....

[quote author=johng link=topic=2265.msg20799#msg20799 date=1178794297]i drove to the beach from limerick on a friday and saturday....[/quote]
Would that be Kilkee by any chance ("Limerick-by-the-sea"  ;))?

If so - look out for my car on your way into town (green 00-D Legacy wagon, with ISDC sticker), I've just bought a house there. (And if so; Fancy a  :guinness: sometime?)

I know what you mean about the fuel consumption, it costs me as much to go shopping, or to a concert in Limerick. But the worst ever was moving house (temporarily) last year, just a few miles from my old place in Kilrush, and all those short journeys used an horrendous amount of petrol!!!  :cry:

I'd try increasing my tyre pressures to try and save a bit, but on these roads I feel I need all the cushioning and adhesion I can get.  :roll:

[quote author=JohnnyB link=topic=2265.msg20795#msg20795 date=1178784558]
"I did alot of driving last week(well not really) and I put in €150 of petrol"
150 notes, jesus man did you even lift your foot off the floor :lol: :lol: :lol:

[/quote]
lol

32mpg i calculated out of my [size=6pt]1.5[/size]...
Drove over 600km around killarney last weekend and all it cost me was 90euro AND i still got a full tank left  :nana: :nana:

I haven't been watching the millage lately as my car is not mapped yet but the first run I did after putting her back on the road I drove from Dublin to Achill and a lot of driving around there and back(1000+kms maybe 1100 or 1200) and I spent 150e on petrol. Although I was driving like a Granny!! :lol: Since I was only running in the engine!!

Back