Double Din From Chinavasion

Mate of mine has done a bit of business with them and never had a probblem. If you read through most of those threads that you get on google, most of them are resolved.

As for the ebay ones, they are the same, chinavasion offer a service that they send the item directly to the customer with no markings on the box stating where it comes from. The unit never actually enters the ebay sellers hands.

I'm hoping to get a few quid together in the new year and get myself a double din dvd as well

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=19768.msg241060#msg241060 date=1260301348]
Mate of mine has done a bit of business with them and never had a probblem. If you read through most of those threads that you get on google, most of them are resolved.

As for the ebay ones, they are the same, chinavasion offer a service that they send the item directly to the customer with no markings on the box stating where it comes from. The unit never actually enters the ebay sellers hands.

I'm hoping to get a few quid together in the new year and get myself a double din dvd as well
[/quote]

That's true !!
What's the story with customs?? :ponder2: is it just pot luck if you get caught or not for the tax ?
is the stuff that their selling good quality? - what would worry me is ,if theres a problem how easy is it to send back or get the problem resolved

Just looking thru some of the gadets they sell!
Twin dvd headrests €80, mental prices!
Also some funky watches, might try them.

[quote author=derekSti link=topic=19768.msg241064#msg241064 date=1260301883]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=19768.msg241060#msg241060 date=1260301348]

[/quote]

That's true !!
What's the story with customs?? :ponder2: is it just pot luck if you get caught or not for the tax ?
is the stuff that their selling good quality? - what would worry me is ,if theres a problem how easy is it to send back or get the problem resolved
[/quote]

Think you may be able to ask them to mark it as a sample or low value item. Think i read it on their site somewhere, cant remember for sure, will have a look tomorrow

I got one from them a few weeks ago ...
a buddy of mine put me onto them , as he and his G/f got double din dvd players for their cars .
i was a bit dubious about the build quality ,at first , but they've had theirs over a year with no issue ....

so i ordered mine , i think its called the night rider 7 or something ... its the only one there with 4X60W output , i was torn between that and the high res screen on the highest spec one at the top of the screen, but i thought i do more listening than watching so went for the one with better sounds ....

Ordered it , and it arrived from china ,i sh*t you not , 4 days later ....

got my buddys polish friend to install it , and as has said before , if its going into a legacy , you WILL need to cut some of the dash from under neath the unit , to allow the adjustable screen room to move in and out ...
so i went at mine with a dremel , and it turned out quite ok ... the bit that i cut is under the screen and wouldnt be seen unless you were looking up at it .. which i never will be doing ,

next to quality, the sound quality from mine through the 8 speakers in the B4 is amazing , rage against the machine will blast out at full pelt with no distortion of the bass....
best sounding headunit ive ever had anyway ....
the screen is good enough quality to be able to watch movies etc on , i use it to watch southpark episodes in the car park in work ...
the bluetooth is acceptable ,
the Satnav in mine only needs an aerial connected and it will work
the DVTB TV will be on air some time next year ....
and of course Ipod and USB , and SD card connectivity for music is dead handy ...

the bad part was, i got mine for 170 + 30 delivery ,
then i got royally stung by customs for 65notes ...

so if you can find a similar spec'd headunit for the same price in a shop over here , get it ...

if not , get a chinese

oh no, why did you show me this site, im going to be broke soon.

thanks derek, thanks alot........ :doh: :doh: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=nicknack link=topic=19768.msg241389#msg241389 date=1260406475]
oh no, why did you show me this site, im going to be broke soon.

thanks derek, thanks alot........ :doh: :doh: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

:lol: :doh: Sorry

looks a nice job . only downside for me with it is the usb slot on the front. I have a usb radio in mine and the usb slot is at the back so I ran usb cable to glove box and put hard drive in there all out of sight not sure how you'd work it with that one

hmmmmm

Early christmas present for myself i think........

Ohhhhh im going to be in trouble lol

They supply a short cable and i just have the flash drive in the little cubby in front of the ashtray , or tucked into the ashtray which hasnt been used since the car was brand new ... so its not an issue

The king Cobra looks very nice indeed comes with wifi capability but i dont know much about wifi,
would it be worth the extra few bob, id love the idea of being able brows the web while out some
were, and i know you need to be within range for the wifi to work, and theres always an unsecured
network not too far away :icon_grin:, but does anyone know if a 3g type dongle could work on it? :thumbsup:

cheap quality lads
In China good quality is dearer than here and cheap quality is cheaper simple
When I was there a standard head unit was 50% dearer than here (good brand )
I used to import chinese made things and was absolutely amazed how the stuff fell apart so quick
Id buy a good brand rather than not
more bang for your buck :thumbsup:

[quote author=nicealloys link=topic=19768.msg241554#msg241554 date=1260489947]
cheap quality lads
In China good quality is dearer than here and cheap quality is cheaper simple
When I was there a standard head unit was 50% dearer than here (good brand )
I used to import chinese made things and was absolutely amazed how the stuff fell apart so quick
Id buy a good brand rather than not
more bang for your buck :thumbsup:

[/quote]

yeah but alot a stuff we buy these days is made in china too, bit like aldis tevion stuff, don't know the name but stuff still works alright!

All the big brand stuff is made in china too, what happens is the factories basically copy the design and components and sell them as their own. Happens to us often enough, they even use our forming tools :lol: ... Quality control on the production line may not be as strict for the factory ones but most would be good quality, combine that with the fact that you could buy 6 units for the price of buying a named brand one here, you are bound to get a decent one plus they do offer warranty so you can send it back and still have hundreds left over

That King Cobra is sweet, I know what I want for christmas now :pray:

Dear Santa...............

Back