Removing airbox resonator?

Power22b

Sunday Drivers
Any advantage of this with the standard airbox in place? or does it just increase turbo noise? Will map need tweaking if removed?

Should slightly derestrict air flow in the intake, especially in older classics with a bit twisty intake.
But in car with no modifications it's not really necessary to change anything - unless you want to hear some air whistling in intake.

also draws colder air from the wing and colder intake equals more power if mapped for it. I've read a lot of lads recently doing this instead of getting induction kits

Yeah think I might remove it. Ill email one of the tuners to make sure it wont cause any problems just to be on the safe side...

I spoke to Bob Rawle about it before remap - he said it's quite ok.
As above - it will get you a bit colder air than from engine bay - and still much better for maf than let's say cone filter.

No need to be afraid of that mod anyway.

Anybody got a "How to..." for this ?

Never mind......found some :thumbsup:

You should hear a little bit more from the recircvalve if your not using an aftermarket atmospheric dumpvalve, resonators are only there to kill the sound.. and we Subar owners love SOUND:)

Funny the way these topics come up as i'm going in tomorrow to put the car up on the lift and remove mine too...been reading about it on various forums and is worth a go i think, might take some pics and document it for others while i'm at it :thumbsup:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=19766.msg244729#msg244729 date=1262010751]
Anybody got a "How to..." for this ?

Never mind......found some :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I'm a pure lazy ba*tard Andy... any chance you could post up link? :pray: :thumbsup:

its easy lads, jack her up, take offwheel fo handyness, be goofd idea to have few spare clips for the arch liner as they may break, take out the liner that starts half way up at front of wheel and runs under front of bumber, you open the bumper from the wing aswell can to give you play, think the is a triangle shape bracket that yellow airbag cable is attached to, think i may have opened this aswell to get some room. think there is 2 nuts inside engine bay on valance and one sort of bush with bolt going through it at resonator, bit of wiggling and twisting and its out

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=19766.msg245028#msg245028 date=1262181365]
No problem Jamie. Im going to give this a go tomorrow I think.
[/quote]

Up in the garage tomorrow working on car and the bloody thing has been getting in my way when fitting new wing... so I've now a great excuse to whip it off and get rid of the poxy yoke! :thumbsup:

Let us know how you get on... may be a while before I get to see the benfits of removing it on my own car! :doh:

I have mine off now and its has been mapped since it came off for other mods but there is some noise out of it. Class you can really hear everything thats going on with the turbo! Very loud.

Rgds

Paddy

[quote author=Paddy scooby link=topic=19766.msg245135#msg245135 date=1262208077]
I have mine off now and its has been mapped since it came off for other mods but there is some noise out of it. Class you can really hear everything thats going on with the turbo! Very loud.

Rgds

Paddy
[/quote]

Worth while so Paddy? Do you think it would need a map tweak if removed?

Back