engine check light

P

pete666

i have a 97 legacy gt auto and every time i drive the caar about 5miles the engine check light comes on and it looses power...its like the boost is gone and its also seems that it doesnt change over to the other turbo....if i keep driving the light goes on and off the car id fine again but the light usually stays on....anyone have any ideas 4 me...thanks

Sounds like it could be a code 66-nightmare if it is. Do a code check yourself-look in the how to section here

well i tried disconectin the battery for 2 hours and it didnt work....the car runs good when its cold and for the 1st few miles and wen the light comes on it gets sluggish and drinks more fuel....it took it off a friend as a trade and he is payin for wat has to be done to fix it....do ye know anyone in mayo/galway/sligo thats good with these problems.... :thumbsup:

Any good mechanic could check the fault code ,that would tell him what the problem is or lead him in the right direction.... disconecting the battery would probably clear the faults but if the light just comes back on theres a live fault there

rite lads....i brought it to a local fella i know with all the plug in gear but it waz the old connection which he didnt av and said i would prob av to go to the local subaru garage .....i dont av the money to be drivin it round the place and also no insurance....its the previous owner that is payin for the problem to be fixed....just want to get it sorted and u for sale its perfect other that this light coming on.....the light comes on and off all the time when driving,when it goes off it has all its power except a slight hold back half way thru the 2nd turbo....
:doh: :dontknow:

i heard to day from a good source that it is generally the airflow sensor but i checked and cleand it to day but it waz like new...im told if the engine light comes on ond off more than 4times its called node mode and iv to go to ballymahon to get it pluged in to put it rite......anyone have anymore info...cheers :thumbsup:

No new one on me?

Sounds from your description like knock sensor as said.. But obviously without seeing can't confirm.

well davelegacy its lookin like il av to take a trip to get it done so if ur up for the job....im sure u have all the plug ins but would u have map sensors or stuff like that to sort it on the day

Back