MERC E 200 electrical probs

scoobyjoe2007

Petrolheads
one the lads bought one these and it has a few probs

none of the windows work

central locking doesnt work and interior lights dont work......

He said he got a guy to plug it in to a computer and nothing came up....this guy charged him 80 euro and said he doesnt know whats wrong but it could be the ECU...

i was thinking maybe a relay or fuse but he hasnt got them checked yet......

just wondering if any 1 had any ideas......

they are renowned for bad elecs
there should b like black boxs behind the doorcards
wiggle the wires going in and spray a little contact cleaner
i usta havta do mine every 3mts

windows I'm not sure but as its ALL of them I'd say its a fuse or somet simple..
central locking is powered by a PSE pump. its under my back seat in my 92 S500, they tend to go got one from uk myself.
and if no power to diagnostics, (same prob I have at mo) could be ecu ye, Did he jump it off another car lately? MERC rule no. 1 DO NOT JUMP IT. :wall: :wall: :thumbsup:

has it got the red and green buttons on the rear view mirror???
the central locking is pneumatic so unlikely to be a fuse...
:ponder2: :ponder2:

[quote author=froggy23 link=topic=19660.msg240263#msg240263 date=1259791417]
the box under the drivers door panel afaik is the master control unit for the windows
[/quote]

ya....... was told this called a comfort box and it causes a lot of problems

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=19660.msg240264#msg240264 date=1259792154]
has it got the red and green buttons on the rear view mirror???
the central locking is pneumatic so unlikely to be a fuse...
:ponder2: :ponder2:
[/quote]

will check 2morrow.......... what do they actually do mark.....

well lad its a common fault in them there is a box under the carpet on the passenger side just lift the carpet from under the glove box back to the passenger seat you should be able to get it from there the box is about 6"x6" just take it open it you and the control boxes are they 1 for the widows and 1 for the elecs inside including the central locking. Just disconnect the 2 plug connectors and sray them with wd40 and check the pins on the loom block connectors and put then just put them back together and see if all is working again

sorry to jump onboard but what else is controlled in that box??? I'm havin a speedo/speed sensor issue?? cheers

[quote author=chriSTi link=topic=19660.msg240246#msg240246 date=1259787771]
windows I'm not sure but as its ALL of them I'd say its a fuse or somet simple..
central locking is powered by a PSE pump. its under my back seat in my 92 S500, they tend to go got one from uk myself.
and if no power to diagnostics, (same prob I have at mo) could be ecu ye, Did he jump it off another car lately? MERC rule no. 1 DO NOT JUMP IT. :wall: :wall: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Whats the problem with jumping a Merc??Sorry for the hijak!! :thumbsup:

[quote author=chriSTi link=topic=19660.msg240301#msg240301 date=1259842318]
sorry to jump onboard but what else is controlled in that box??? I'm havin a speedo/speed sensor issue?? cheers
[/quote]

no lad dont think that is controlled there but i no there is a sensor on the bottom of the gearbox that gives bother so just try that

think i have it sorted.........

i checked the box inside door and it still wasnt working......

inside the engine bay on l/h side there is a fuse box..

when we lifted it the central locking started working and the passenger side window started working too....

so he thinking of replacing this....

Back