Gremlins in the electrics

J

JohnyB

I have an electrical problem with my brake lights the problem is:

front lights in an off position

press brake...

brake lights come on so do parking lights (and the light in the astray)

front lights in an off position and front fog light pressed in

Press Brake

Brake lights come on and so do parking lights and front fogs (and the light in the astray)

front lights in position 1 (parking / side lights on)

press brake

brake lights remains the same brightness as does brake light on the spoiler

Front lights stay the same

front lights in position 2 (Full Lights / side lights on)

press brake

brake lights remains the same brightness as does brake light on the spoiler.

Front lights stay the same

Put a new set of tails lights on about 3-4 weeks ago everything checked out ok replaced a bulb in the RHS brakes light today and now this (although I cannot tell how long this has been happening I only noticed it today).....I have had this verified by an independent witness (the wife) just to make sure I am not going insane.....

its like the car is thinking the front lights are the back lights and visa versa

any ideas?????

other then calling the car Christine :evil: :evil: :evil:

possible bad earth, also check that you have installed the right bulbs, also check to see if any of the filaments are touching mainly the ones for the brakes because if one of them is touching the rear light filament it will transfer power to it when you press the brake....only happens if the bulbs are double filament.

well got it fixed it was a wrong blub, which was causing the problem, when trying to take out the wrong bulb I pulled the wires out of the light holder, had to put them back in and then the new bulb job done, on top of all that the lock release on the drivers dooor broke, which ment the car would not lock, the alarm went on and sounded like the doors locked but were still open, swapped the drivers lock with the rear passanger lock job done.....then walked into the house tripped fell landed right on my mush got up went to the fridge had a beer...been there ever since...what a day....
:subaru: gotta love em :lol: :lol:
thansk for the responces :thumbsup:

Back