ECC Vs CDA

Animal spec-c

Petrolheads
Theses are the two graphs i have from ECC and CDA,and in my opinion are quite different the ECC 1 seems to be nice and smooth and holds the torque out well and the CDA shows peak bhp and torque then fall off and build again and doesnt hold out as well especially the flbts it nearly drops off 35flbts,Now when ur driving the car its as smooth as and pulls like a train so how could they be so different and how accurate are every individual dyno?all comments and opinions welcome this post is in no way trying to slate or harm any companys good name as they are both top traders IMO

Hey Al ..............it's a good question but in my opinion Rolling Roads are a bit of fun
the result at the end of the Day is a Guess/rough estimate ............and some machines use
different software , which i understand use different methods to calculate the result .

This along with air temps , fueling , the type of fans used etc, etc,............ the list goes on !!

Anyhow i do not believe there is two RR machines in the entire world that would give the same results .

Now im not an expert by any means on RR , so maybe someone might have a better answer but that's my two cents worth :icon_grin:

Niall.

The smooth graph compared to the lumpy one could have been down to something as simple as crappy fuel. Did you fill up with super unleaded while up at ECC?

Hello Al,

If you get a second graph of the AFR & boost pressures for each run, it will show you how the car performed on each set of rollers :thumbsup:

The power output & torque figures are very close IMO as there will always be differances between different rolling roads :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

rollin roads are only a estimation of power not actual as far as i know the only dyno thats accurate is an engine dyno where the engine is not fitted to the car therefore you remove all drains on power ie. transmission loses and tyre friction etc otherwise they are just for map setup as a guide and saves bein on the road in an unmapped car do basics on the dyno like idle and so on and finish it on the road ,dyno testing a car is just a bit of crack and estimate of power ..this is just my opinion.. :subaru: :thumbsup:

on a cold morning at ecc i was told 324bhp

possibly 6 mnths later at cda i was told 300 bhp

so my thoughts were , 2different make dynos with two different formula's for calculating bhp and at a guess if i went over to enfield id get a different reading again , jus my 2 cents

above statment is rough guide and may not be 100% accurate , take it or leave it

@ nially , think i remember nick @ cda saying that all "dyno dynamics " rollin roads in "shootout mode 44" are the same the world over and use same methods

again , i could be rong

Judging by the figures I've seen, I think CDA' outputs are more realistic...standard auto legacy's and wrx's making above qouted power from the ECC dyno..that just doesn't happen with unmapped JDM cars running 95...I'm no expert but I have yet to see Nick Dyno give an inflated figure I'd be more likely to trust a dyno which underestimates

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=19651.msg240077#msg240077 date=1259689548]
Judging by the figures I've seen, I think CDA' outputs are more realistic...standard auto legacy's and wrx's making above qouted power from the ECC dyno..that just doesn't happen with unmapped JDM cars running 95...I'm no expert but I have yet to see Nick Dyno give an inflated figure I'd be more likely to trust a dyno which underestimates
[/quote]

There's 0.2BHP difference between the figures???

I dont think AL is disputing the figures he recieved its just the way the graph came out is what he wants to know why???

Also for our dyno reading high i think AL should be able to make a good comparison on this subject from last years dyno day.

Im not saying that their dyno is wrong but there was a big difference between our and their BHP and Ib/ft.

alan, is your car "road" mapped or "rolling road" mapped???????

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=19651.msg240113#msg240113 date=1259703771]
alan, is your car "road" mapped or "rolling road" mapped???????
[/quote]

Both jonny

was it done on the rollers just to get a base map and then the serious stuff done on the road?

i dont wont to go off topic here but like you some cars at the week end had very smooth maps on paper and others didnt, some were by the same mapper

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=19651.msg240117#msg240117 date=1259704718]
was it done on the rollers just to get a base map and then the serious stuff done on the road?

i dont wont to go off topic here but like you some cars at the week end had very smooth maps on paper and others didnt, some were by the same mapper
[/quote]

Car was mapped on the dyno, then taken on the road to adjust the fuel and ignition for road driving and then given a few hard pulls, then put back on the dyno to get a final BHP reading and thats the graph we got.

thanks david,

do you mind me asking, whats the point in mapping on the rollers if you still have to map on the road?

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=19651.msg240122#msg240122 date=1259705775]
thanks david,

do you mind me asking, whats the point in mapping on the rollers if you still have to map on the road?
[/quote]

Police and speed camera's.

if you had asked that question a few years ago then the answer would most probably be "ira and molotovs".

You can hold more consistant boost as well cant you, without having to watch the road and stop or slow down for traffic as random arseholes pull out in front of you. And you can simulate loading going up/down hills too which would be hard to find on normal roads without searching all over the country? I would have thought this was the ideal way to do it as long as its tweaked on the road afterwards

Do you have a dedicated intercooler fan for top mounts up there davy? Or what fan set up do you have?

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=19651.msg240075#msg240075 date=1259687819]
on a cold morning at A.I. i was told 324bhp
(changed to a.i as i realisied ive never been to ecc ,due to brain malfunction yesterday , apoligies )

possibly 6 mnths later at cda i was told 300 bhp

so my thoughts were , 2different make dynos with two different formula's for calculating bhp and at a guess if i went over to enfield id get a different reading again , jus my 2 cents

above statment is rough guide and may not be 100% accurate , take it or leave it

@ nially , think i remember nick @ cda saying that all "dyno dynamics " rollin roads in "shootout mode 44" are the same the world over and use same methods

again , i could be rong

[/quote]

[quote author=David Ritchie link=topic=19651.msg240165#msg240165 date=1259742348]
[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=19651.msg240122#msg240122 date=1259705775]
thanks david,

[/quote]

Police and speed camera's.
[/quote]

:lolpoint: :lol: :lol:

:smokin:

I had my car at cda and was qouted at 311, and then brought it to tdp 6 months later when i got my new exhaust fitted and it was 320 seemed close enough,never had any dealings with ecc,so cant coment on there work,thats just my personal experience.

Back