Spare key

H

hiwd

Hey lads,

Anyone know where I can get a spare key cut for my car? The key is coded and main stealers quoted me 250 quid to cut one!!!

Cheers,

Steve.

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=19650.msg240065#msg240065 date=1259682579]
I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP , PM OR GIZ A BUZZ ON 085 1664623
[/quote]

Cheers man, will give you a buzz after work :thumbsup:

I took the key to my old Legacy to a key cutting place in Blanch center and the guy wouldnt do it for me saying it was coded. I tried explaining to him the buttons on the key are not used as I have a Clifford but he wouldnt listen. :dontknow:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=19650.msg240085#msg240085 date=1259696080]
I took the key to my old Legacy to a key cutting place in Blanch center and the guy wouldnt do it for me saying it was coded. I tried explaining to him the buttons on the key are not used as I have a Clifford but he wouldnt listen. :dontknow:
[/quote]

But isnt there a chip inside the key that turns off the immobiliser. If you got an uncoded key it would just only open the doors. The car wouldnt turn over

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=19650.msg240099#msg240099 date=1259699189]
[/quote]

But isnt there a chip inside the key that turns off the immobiliser. If you got an uncoded key it would just only open the doors. The car wouldnt turn over
[/quote]

Not on jap cars, I got my key copied for €10 by a place in dun laighre. Cheap because there is no code apparently. Buttons on the key have nothing to do with it as far as i'm aware andy :thumbsup:

no immobiliser on early jdm legacys!!!!
my brother-in-laws leggy(00) definetaly doesnt but newer ones do AFAIK!!!
the buttons are only for central locking only i would guess!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=19650.msg240108#msg240108 date=1259702853]
[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=19650.msg240099#msg240099 date=1259699189]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not on jap cars, I got my key copied for €10 by a place in dun laighre. Cheap because there is no code apparently. Buttons on the key have nothing to do with it as far as i'm aware andy :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Is this on all JDM impreza's I wonder cause i was quoted 200 for a key in a subaru garage. Wouldnt mind a second key

[quote author=555-Scooby link=topic=19650.msg240121#msg240121 date=1259705527]
Didnt think any JDM Subaru had an immobiliser :dontknow:
[/quote]

I thought the newages did, but could be wrong there.

I know for sure that the classic JDM's don't have any immobilizer. But Steve's is a UK spec classic so it does

Is this on all JDM impreza's I wonder cause i was quoted 200 for a key in a subaru garage. Wouldnt mind a second key
[/quote]

newage imprezas all have coded keys kanye....
would be very sure of that!!!!

@ andy , immobiliser chip and central locking are two different things

@ marko :whistle: ive been called worse

@ kayne ur right in what your saying re immobiliser chip

@ sweetcakes + marko , iv yet to come acrossa jdm with an immobiliser chip

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=19650.msg240137#msg240137 date=1259710463]
[/quote]

newage imprezas all have coded keys kanye....
would be very sure of that!!!!
[/quote]

my 02 jdm is a steel key , no factory immobiliser

So in a nut shell ,

1 central locking and immobiliser chip are two totally different things
2 jdm cars do not come with factory immobiliser , uk and irish cars do

non chipped key - bout 6 yoyo
depending on type of chip , coded key 40 , 80 or 90
and then there is some chipped keys that are garage only although there are some auto- locksmiths out there with the technology to do

advice : avoid main stealer if at all possible

hope this helps , if not i hope i can :thumbsup: :subaru:

I need help guys. I'm looking for spare key with alarm fob . I rang Subaru dealer today ... 350eur (real bargain:wall:)
Any ideas where can I do it a little bit cheaper ??
thx...

Back