Hmmmmm.... could it be the clutch??

Stevie3000

Sunday Drivers
What's up lads,
Just collected the new motor today ('03 B4) and she's sweeeeeet :icon_headbang:
One thing I did notice on the way home was when changing from 3rd to 4th & 4th to 5th with the clutch pedal completely depressed, there's a slight rise and fall of about 300rpm showing (this isn't under hard driving either). Any ideas, was thinkin it could be a bit of clutch slip? Fookin' hope not... brand new car!!
Cheers :thumbsup:

[quote author=Stevie3000 link=topic=19529.msg238867#msg238867 date=1259088206]

Just collected the new motor today ('03 B4) and she's sweeeeeet :icon_headbang:

[/quote]
not brand new its a o3 silly :icon_grin:

can only really be wheel spin or clutch slip!!!!!
not likely to be first one!!!!
so i guess a clutch may be in order.....

Sounds like clutch alright-shouldve bought my car! Seriously though-release the clutch in 1st as normal,bring the car to about 15-20mph and change into 4th and floor it-let me know if the revs rise but the car doesnt go.

@ B4 Soon... seems to be ok, 30 kmh in 1st, straight to 4th and then floored... revs & speed were increasing, albeit very slowly!

Hmmmm :ponder2:

maybe your not just getting off the gas fast enough .....
and the increase in revs is just the car burning off the fuel thats was under pressure from the pump , before you lifted off

No dump valve fitted, she's completely standard (for the time being!). Wasn't really paying attention to the biting point tbh... I didn't notice anything untoward though...

I have heard of a similar problem before but it was with an Octavia, Idles fine but when changing gear the revs rise slightly, we never did find the cause but the clutch is fine in that car.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

My own car does the same thing press the clutch in nothing but press the clutch
and put it in to first and it raises the revs ever so slightly, its been like that for ages
now without problem but not sure whats causing it :dontknow:

.............well if it helps put your mind to rest ,
i've replaced a few clutches in my TypeR :icon_grin: :icon_grin: and basically when the clutch
is on the way out , the rev's shoot up , you would have to take your foot off the accelerator straight away .

I wonder (and not taking from your driving or anything) but since this is a new car for you , could your foot, be ever so
slightly tipping the accelerator pedal on changing gear ????

Niall.

... it's very possible, i'll have to look into that!

I'm gonna take the "wait & see" approach to this. At the end of the day if I need a new clutch, I need a new clutch... pain in the .... but ain'y nothin' can be done :icon_grin:

Back