What the hell is this...?

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Any thoughts...? It was mounted on the the PS chassis rail... a few feet back from the front bulkhead. :ponder:

At a guess... I think it's some sort of breather pipe... not sure what for though! :ponder2:

Is it for catching the water from the roof gutters and letting it out through the pipe, the same is in the boot

Don't know fella... :dontknow: the plastic square bit was attached to the side of chassis leg and the end of the rubber pipe was tucked into ones of the holes in chassis leg.

Rubber pipe looks like it's been damaged.... riped short... so I imagine it's home aint in the chassis leg but rather was attached to soimething else...

Its part of the emission control system :thumbsup:

Takes in air into the canister and adds it to fuel vapours and feeds it back into the engine. There should be one on either chassis leg and attached to steel pipes that run up to the canister under the bonnet

yeah you can, just either remove the canister under the bonnet too and do away with the entire system or you can run rubber tube off the canister to act as an air feed.

I've done away with the entire system on my 2.5 and on my old type-r, but that was because half the system was missing or broken :thumbsup:

Back