NCT

S

Scoobydiver

She goes in at 7pm tomorrow - lights and emissions all good, lets hope i dont get some assh*le testin it!! :pray:

passed mine last friday
No hassles, but then again it's a 02 !!

mack

Are the assessors automatically taking the cars around the block to test the brakes and avoid any potential damage to the diffs?

Yep, had my test a few weeks ago and when I gave the guy my reg. no. he asked if it was 4wd.
No damage to diffs but a nice fried clutch if you get an "enthusiastic" tester :angry:

John

[quote author=nodge link=topic=286.msg1929#msg1929 date=1157031770]
a nice fried clutch if you get an "enthusiastic" tester :angry:
[/quote]

I've heard of that happening elsewhere!!

[quote author=Scoobydiver link=topic=286.msg1939#msg1939 date=1157044179]
F*CKERS :angry:
[/quote]

That mean you didn't pass mate !

That happend me he went REALLY REALLY REALLY Hard on the clutch. The whole place was giving out like fook about the smell.

Not at all mate, she flew through! Not before he 'tested' my emissions at at least 5000 RPM :shoot:

:lol: yeah I suppose! I got a load of nixers up there too so i cant complain though!!

the testers are now allowed drive the cars around the block to test the brakes? :angry:

I would strongly be against that for my test. How are we to know the tester doesnt do "dounuts" or handbrake turns or mess with the DCCD and break the diff?

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=286.msg2002#msg2002 date=1157116041]
the testers are now allowed drive the cars around the block to test the brakes? :angry:

I would strongly be against that for my test. How are we to know the tester doesnt do "dounuts" or handbrake turns or mess with the DCCD and break the diff?
[/quote]
Better a fried clutch from an over enthusiastic tester than graranteed broken/damaged diffs from running the car on the 2wd brake test?

Their facilities don't allow for 4wd brake tests. The first time I saw them tearing up the road in my first Scooby I freaked, the second time in my WRX I made sure I stood outside whilst they tested her and made it obvious I was watching them in my car. It seemed to work, the brake test was hardly convincing as he was pretty much rolling along and hit the brakes. She passed with flying colours :lol:

The NCT center in Deans Grange in Dublin has everything inside.. so you can watch from a viewing room, they have rollers to test the brakes. None of this driving around the "block" lark!

Not sure about the 4wd as I just brought the golf up, they slotted the 2 front ones in and tested the brakes and same again for the rear.

Back