22B replica kit

christyper

Petrolheads
well lads just wondering does anyone on here have a 22B replica kit fitted to their car.
iv been looking at the ones in scooby clinic and ht autos, just wanted to know are they good quality and do the rear quarter panels have to be cut to fit the kit,
also do the front wings line up good with the bonnet and doors.
thanks,
chris.

[quote author=Scouserlad2007 link=topic=19411.msg237553#msg237553 date=1258577705]
AFAIK diesel tom has one fitted, looks the mutts nutts... :icon_pray: :icon_pray:

+1 :icon_pray:

Got ht autos kit myself,quality isnt bad,comes ready for paint,just check for bumps or ridges may need a skim of filler before paint.
As for rear quarters,yes they have to be trimmed afew inches all round for when you move the wheels out to fill the arches.
The front wings line up perfect with the doors,as for the bonnet you will be drilling the holes in the wing yourself so its really up to you.
Ht autos site gives a step by step on how to do it. :thumbsup:

thanks for the replies lads :thumbsup:
when you fitted the wings is there a gap between where the splash guard meets the wing are is there a lip on the inside of the wing to meet the splash guard? and do you have to bring the inner arch on the rear out to meet the new quarter to fill the gap? :ponder:

There is a step by step guide in total impreza , think it was last months issue , maybe someone has it or might be on ht's site

ya i saw the guide on ht autos site but it doesent show you inside the archs after, was jus wondering do they give you something to fill the gap between the old quarter and the new one and how the splash guards meet the wider wing.
thanks for the help lads :thumbsup:

A few self tappers on inside of arch to hold it in place,where it meets the outer arch i ran a bead of silicone to seal it
but the fit is pretty good anyway.After cutting about 4 inches off the OUTSIDE arch make a few slits on the INSIDE arch
and bend it out and over the outside arch again and weld together to bring some strenght back to it.When you have the new
quarters fitted i just pumped expanding foam into the space between them,fibreglass mat and a can of stonechip should finish
off nicely.

[quote author=christyper link=topic=19411.msg237767#msg237767 date=1258658947]
thanks tommy would love to see one done :thumbsup:
where are you based?
[/quote]

No bother im in Monasterevin Co.Kildare where you?

yeah lad you could bye my car now massive massive spec over 50grand spent on it now lad if your interested let me know :thumbsup:

[/quote]

im in limerick but i wouldnt mind driveing up to get a look at it if you dont mind :thumbsup:

[quote author=diesel tom link=topic=19411.msg238018#msg238018 date=1258745131]
yeah lad you could bye my car now massive massive spec over 50grand spent on it now lad if your interested let me know :thumbsup:
[/quote]

it is a savage looking car looks unreal :icon_pray: i saw it on donedeal as well, i started looking at the 22b kit after seeing it :icon_grin:

i have a 99 type r and i have a lot spent on it already just recently got it back from dave at sti tuning after getting a new sti 8 block fitted so im going to be holding on to it for a while im a panel beater myself so if i got the kit id have no labour costs on fitting it and painted it im just worried that if its bad quality it will only start cracking afterwords, savage looking kit tho would really make the car stand out! :subaru:

[quote author=christyper link=topic=19411.msg238061#msg238061 date=1258753002]
[/quote]

im in limerick but i wouldnt mind driveing up to get a look at it if you dont mind :thumbsup:

[quote author=diesel tom link=topic=19411.msg238018#msg238018 date=1258745131]
[/quote]

it is a savage looking car looks unreal :icon_pray: i saw it on donedeal as well, i started looking at the 22b kit after seeing it :icon_grin:

i have a 99 type r and i have a lot spent on it already just recently got it back from dave at sti tuning after getting a new sti 8 block fitted so im going to be holding on to it for a while im a panel beater myself so if i got the kit id have no labour costs on fitting it and painted it im just worried that if its bad quality it will only start cracking afterwords, savage looking kit tho would really make the car stand out! :subaru:
[/quote]

yea no prob you can get a look around mine whenever ye like ,tom is just 10min up the road from me im sure he wouldnt mind showin ye his scooby either ,i emailed you my num there let us know anyway. my kit is on my car a fieu years and no probs with it ,def worth doin IMO

Back