Brake Problem Kinda!

Ianbhp

Middle Lane Hogs
Hey Lads,
Im after putting sti 4 pots on my 94 single turbo Legacy, bleeded the brakes after the change but pedel felt a bit soft and too much travel, :dontknow: so bleeded the brakes again but no joy too much travel and wouldnt fill you with confidence :doh:, i put brakes off an sti onto my b4 also and no such problems there and i know how efective they are and how they should feel. :icon_blahblah: Anyway wondering if anybody had such problems or is it a fact that the sti impreza has a larger master cylinder, confused? :ponder2:

did you fit new discs or second hand one maybe they are warped and when you press the pedal it straighten them or it could be a hose that swells out abit :dontknow: :dontknow: just see what the other lads think :thumbsup:

Just one thing, and i'm by no means calling you stupid, but did you put the calipers on the right way round? I've seen people mount them with the bleed nipple at the bottom and as everyone knows air rises so all the pleeding in the world will never get the air out.

If you have them on the correct way then it's just air in the system. There is no major difference in the master cylinder of an sti. After the system is full of fluid the master cylinder only adds a small amount to the system to move the pistons.

If you have tried bleeding it the conventional way then you can always try a vacuum brake bleeder, that sucks the air out. I have one and have to say its a gift :thumbsup:

Back