b4 legacy boost problems

B

b4 legacy

the boost is moving between .5 and 1.1/1.2 bar boost on full accleration. i was wondering is there a sensor that reads the manifold boost pressure and where can it be found there is no faults coming up on the computer

first turbo boosts to .5 4200 revs second turbo boosts to 1.1 me thinks that is what your on about

I think he might be experiencing the VOD and not aware of what it is or why it happens???

thanks for the replys lads :thumbsup
what is the vod :dontknow:
sometimes when driving normal the car would start jerking like petrol not getting petrol.
sorry hard to explain. thanks for the help

VOD is the changeover from the single turbo to both turbos spooling together-it happens just after 4k rpm-the boost will flatten momentarily and then come back in hard.Its normal.

Valley Of Death

Basically the B4 has a twin turbo setup. When the first turbo reaches max boost the second starts spinning but in order for it to start spinning boost is taken away from the primary turbo. That is what you are seeing on your gauge. The boost will drop when the turbos change over then boost rises again when the secondary turbo is fully spooled up.

The jerking sounds like the car is hitting boost cut. Not good really.

thanks for the help all. need all the help i can get.
when you say the car is hitting boost cut what does this mean :ponder:
and how do i go about fixing it.

just using 95 oct fuel.was running fine dont think this is problem
i was reading that it could be the wategates sticking .
i had it plugged in on diagnostic and no fault showing.

Look for the simple things first-go to a maxol and fill up with E5,add either half bottle of lucas booster or 1/3rd bottle of NF booster and see if it improves. Next most common problems are MAF sensor,knock sensor,and o2 sensor. Might be worth servicing too-possible plug failure or coilpack.

thanks for the info
i will keep ya posted on how i get on :smile:

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=19371.msg237200#msg237200 date=1258491198]
My primary always boosts to .8
[/quote]

Yours is a REV d, it boosts slightly higher on first turbo[quote author=b4 legacy link=topic=19371.msg237243#msg237243 date=1258497989]
just using 95 oct fuel.was running fine dont think this is problem
i was reading that it could be the wategates sticking .
i had it plugged in on diagnostic and no fault showing.

[/quote]
I would say your experiencing the ecu pulling timing to protect from knock, you can't run a B4 properly on just 95, reset the ecu and as B$ soon says put E5 and some booster in and you will notice the difference striaght away

I would defo recommend a re map, that happens with all leggys the change over. When it gets mapped it gets better. I would recommend a re-map or you will crack/melt a piston and then you are in own a world of trouble. :angry1:

[quote author=Kielyb4 link=topic=19371.msg238417#msg238417 date=1258920772]
I would defo recommend a re map, that happens with all leggys the change over. When it gets mapped it gets better. I would recommend a re-map or you will crack/melt a piston and then you are in own a world of trouble. :angry1:
[/quote]

Again-more scaremongering. @Kielyb4-youve posted 4 times and half of that is completely innaccurate-look into it a bit more before you scare everyone off

I am just giving my view from experience. If you do get the re-map you will get more power and have piece of mind that there is no pinkin. I only joined there the other day ya mad thing! Thats why I only have a few posts :hammerhead:

Back