quick brake question....

JOHNNY T

ISDC Club Member
howdy all, im getting a very loud sqweeling noise coming from one of my front brakes at low speed between 0-20 mph.....
theres plenty of pad left on both calipers so could it be down to one of them after seezing open :dontknow:
cheers......

[quote author=Legy C link=topic=19363.msg237101#msg237101 date=1258474931]
Are the discs getting very hot?
[/quote]havent a clue ill check 2mw, it just started to happen today.....she wasnt driven hard or anything and at crawling speed it sounds like a dodgy wheel on a shopping trolley.....

Could just be brake dust of may need a bit of copper grease, But as said above it could also be a sticking piston in the caliper.

Are your front 2 pots or 4 pots?

Well bud, something similar happened to me in my old wagon, turned out that nearly half the compound on one of the pads kind of came away from the backing, when i took them off it fell to bits in my hand even though it was nearly new, hope this helps bud :thumbsup:

cheers lads :thumbsup:
getting a mate to have a look at um 2mw, theres nothing worse than having to listen to an annoying sqweeking sound coming from the car :icon_eyes:.....

Would drive ya nuts alright lad, :icon_hang: haha, ah hope she gets sorted for you soon :thumbsup:

have seen somthing similar a while ago the guy got wheelbearings replaced but were to tight causing a noise a slow speeds,worth a check. hope you get sorted lad

got it sorted yesterday, there was a small stone after getting caught between the back of one of the discs and the caliper.....

Back