cams

murray555

Petrolheads
well lads, im currently in the middle of a rebuild and im thinking of doing something with the cams while there out, any advise them? anyone heard of getting cams reprofiled is this a good job,who does this? :subaru:

I reckon the money could be spent in MUCH better places before the need for cams as the standard STI Cams are very good upto a certain level. Unless of course your already at that level. Whats the spec ?Are you going rotated etc ?

Damo

well lads the list is so far 2.0 block, full h&s system,s/s headers,ported+polished heads,fuel reg + pump(few other small fueling mods), fmic, cp pistons + carrillo rods,hks induction,apexi ecu(using map sensor), upgraded plugs + leads, lightned flywheel, standard turbo for now. few other small bits but just thought getting the cams done while there out would be a good idea

Leave the cams for sure. And agree with Dave with a turbo upgrade, no point having a nice engine like that with standard turbo  :D My prefeerence would be a 20g even though I do think the 18g its a better turbo for a 2.0 Litre. But with STI Rev limit and the boost you can run the 20g would be well suited if you can live with the slightly later spool for a little more power.

Damo

18g So  :thumbsup: I cant spam threads with prices etc or what I sell. There are a few Hybrid Garretts that spool well and make 400bhp which would be even better IMO. But for a nice 2.0litre road car with minimum hassle cant beat the 18g IMO.

Back