Speakers that dont need cutting!

Colm Mc

Sunday Drivers
Im looking to upgrade the speakers in my '00 Classic. Ive read lots of conflicting stuff about what fits & what doesnt.

I think these JBL 16cm units will fit the front doors & the back shelf without needing cutting. I presume you dont need to use the speaker covers supplied by JBL?

If anyone on here has fitted these successfully or could recommend an alternative it would be appreciated :thumbsup:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4886.html

Have those in the front of mine and they are a perfect fit to replace the original speakers - fitting directly behind the perforations in the door moulding.

Cool - thats half the installation sorted! Are you happy with the sound? I read on another thread that you fitted different ones in the rear.

I put the JBLs in mainly because I didn't want to be hacking away at the doors. They are good, loud and clear. I put bigger/different branded speakers in the rear as there was more room, but I'd say the JBL were the better quality of the two pairs.

16cm will fit front doors and parcel shelf (with subaru factory collars) in classics without any modification
You can fit 6x9 in the rear shelf by removing the collar and doing some modifications :thumbsup:

[quote author=Colm Mc link=topic=19328.msg236746#msg236746 date=1258374612]
I presume you dont need to use the speaker covers supplied by JBL?
[/quote]

Not for the front doors no. but would look silly in the parcel shelf without them.

I fitted 16.5cm fly6 in the front and rear of 1 of my classics, but I had to modify the front and rear collars. Well worth it though. SAVAGE sound.

Had 16cm Kenwood in the front of my type-r (straight fit) and 6x9 in the rear, I don't think 6x9 are worth the hassle IMO, too much work to get them to sit right. Only reason I did it was because the previous owner had tried it and not done a good job, so I tidied it up and fitted a nice set.

Back