6 speed DCCD Box and running gear

Hammie

Octane Boostaholics
Hey lads,

Been offered all the bits i need to put DCCD into the wagon at a very reasonable rate.
All diffs, shafts gear box etc,
How much work is going to be involved? Am i going to bite off more than I can chew with this?
Am i right in thinking the car will need a complete remap before the DCCD will function properly?

Is the Diff ECU/controller included?.

To be honest I never use mine in my type R

Give ASD a buzz maybe, Ciaran converted sweetcakes legacy to 6 speed a while back so i would say he would give ya a ball park figure and idea of how much work is involved

All the parts included.....
Fella i know is going to be breaking his car!
Ill get the parts to do the work for a song!

Ill probably get to use his garage to do the work aswell

Ill give Ciaran a shout and see what he thinks, I know its not goin to be really easy but i cant see it being stupidly difficult either

Is the stuff coming out of an already converted classic or from a newage sti? You need an external controller to control the DCCD but until you get one (if its not included in sale) you can run the box in its standard setting. If using the R180 diff along with the shafts, then you will need hubs as well.

the stuff will be coming out of a classic!
Im not sure if the controller will be included in the sale but good to know it can be run without it for a short time till i get 1

You can run it as long as you want without the controller and add it at a later time if you feel you need it. :thumbsup:

Seeing as its coming out of a classic then you're sorted seeing as you know everything already fits. You will need the clutch, flywheel, starter motor, gearbox, propshaft, and if its a plated R180 diff, you will need the diff, rear driveshafts, rear hubs and rear brake setup including handbrakes (possibly handbrake cable too if its different)... If its an R160 diff then you won't have to change any of the rear end :thumbsup:

Back