How did Round 1 Time Attack go ??

R

Renno555

Well who was there ? Who won etc etc and was it any good. Heard there was only 4 or 5 cars running in it which is a bit disapointing :dunno:

Found this on another site. Small report from the CDA lads. Hard luck to Phillip again. Not having antyhing go his way.

"Left the time sheet in the shop. IIRC, for the 1st Round, J's Racing CRX 59.59s, our Evo6 1.01, TF DC2 1.03, Icetronix's Civic Coupe 1.04, and then the rest were further down. Total of 7 competitors only, 4 n/a and 3 turbo.

Philip Burdock's Impreza was not having any luck as he was having mechanical problems throughout. Some oil line was leaking and that caused a fire if I'm not wrong. But the car was looking quite quick at the start, passing some other car on the straight quite easily.

CRX was mental. Doing a hot lap and then cooling down. Exit speeds out of the final corner were fantastic too with the widened arches helping it with stability. Rear under diffusers were typical crazy looking Jap style but they certainly contributed to the grip.

Our Evo was doing fine in Round 1 with last season's Toyo Proxes R888 and after about the first 5 laps times started to drop off. Then Sonny comes in and says that he can turn right grand but can't turn left at all and that's when we saw a bald patch on the left front tire. Changed to Hankook RS2 for Round 2 and that was horrendous. Off into the gravel once with damage to bodywork of car. Toyo Proxes R888 were definitely much much better (should have known as they are twice the price of the RS2) but no Toyo trucks were on-site to provide new tires"

Went to mondello to see Philips impreza, only to see it sitting on a trailer.
Would love to see go against that evo.
Photo-0010.jpg

Photo-0011.jpg

Photo-0024.jpg

Photo-0020.jpg

click on pic above for short vid.

The oil feed to the top of the turbo let go on my warm up lap and the engine went on fire I pull into the back of the pits and some of the drift laps ran over to put the fire out .I was very lucky not to lose the car and suffer very little damage . I done a 103 on my warm up lap and was not really pushing, there is a 1min lap in the car.

Philip.

Now i know why it was so dark under the bonnet!
Photo-0021-2.jpg

Better luck next time, let me know next time ur out i want to see her in action.

Cheers
DermoW

i was in mondello yesterday waiting to see you run,meet keith he filled me in.better luck in the next round :thumbsup:

Back