?????????????? (Starting Problem)

cally

Petrolheads
lads i got into the car this mornin to go to work. i opened the car with the button on the key and it opened and started 1st time :icon_blahblah:

when i got to work i got out of the car and tried to lock the car with the button on the key and car wouldn't lock :ponder2:

i got into the car again and it wouldn't start and now it's dead as a dodo. there's power there cos the lights work and the lights are all working on the dash so its not the battery :ponder:
is this the immobiliser after kicking in or is it a fault with the key { went home and got the spare key and that wont work either}

any ideas :pray: :pray: cheers cally :thumbsup:

Re: ??????????????

Is there any noise when you turn the key ? Would disconnecting the battery for 20 mins reset the ECU. Im just guessing im no expert lol

i was told not to take out battery as it wipes out memory of keycode,dont think its battery as the second key isnt working either,and it was working a few weeks ago..

takin out the battery wont wipe any codes, i just replaced mine last wk as it wouldn open car!

Defo needs new battery,, changing the bat dose not effect Coding on keys,, you can get bat from a pharmacy,,, :thumbsup: 100%

cheers all :thumbsup:

il try that 2moro. didnt think it was the batteries cos the 2 keys went together :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

[quote author=cally link=topic=19222.msg235687#msg235687 date=1257893938]
cheers all :thumbsup:

il try that 2moro. didnt think it was the batteries cos the 2 keys went together :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:
[/quote]
ah yeah but the second key has been sitting there for how long ....???

its 100% the key, either that or you were using the key from too far a distance away and the codes in the key , and codes in the car have become unsynchronized ....
i was bored one day and decided to read a owners manual from cover to cover , and it mentioned that

Back