Has anyone got a grenade

KudzSTi

Petrolheads
looks like its goin from one thing to another  :cry: , my car is runnin crap since the oil change, it sounds like its missin when tickin over and when i press the throttle it dies and picks back up again, did anyone have an issue like this before

any help would be gratefully appreciated  :subaru: :subaru:

thanks a mill
John

Not being funny but have you put too much oil in ?

It could also be related to using the engine flush - maybe oil is getting past a seal somewhere , getting into the cylinder & causing the mis-fire .

no have put the correct amt in, it was spluttery this mornin when cold but after givin her a hard run she seems to be ok now for the moment, will have to wait and see, i cleaned the air filter also using castrol foam filter cleaner so maybe this could have caused it also and also after the hard run the tappets seem to have quietened down a bit also so hopefully this was only temporary glitch

Did you fill the oil filter with oil before attaching it? Did you dry crank the engine before topping up with oil? Subarus are very sensitive when it comes to oil changes.

What do you mean dry crank the engine?
Got the bit about filling the filter before fitting it, but you lost me with the dry crank bit..
Need to do an oil change this week and want to make sure I do it right.

Just turn the engine over without starting before filling up the final amount. Filling the oil filter is essential before hand. If you don't the knock sensor will go crazy and retard the timing of the engine (as I found out long ago...)

yep i filled the filter to the brim, and i also turned the engin over a couple times w/o starting just to be sure it was gettin to the crank... i think subaru would want to be makin their big ends out of titanium LOL if they cause so many issues

Cool. Cheers for the pointers. Would not have thought about that now. Knew about the filter alright though. :thumbsup:

Re: Has anyone got a grenade : Update

i drove the car to and from work today, i noticed the spluttery issue is only when cold, it doesnt do it at all when hot

[quote author=Yogi link=topic=2182.msg20032#msg20032 date=1177936367]
Cool. Cheers for the pointers. Would not have thought about that now. Knew about the filter alright though. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

And be coming back to me ............ :lol: :lol:

changed oil in my sti and put in apexi iridium plugs. now everyone is saying there is a miss in the engine when idleing. dont understand it either mate

i had a problem like this before, where u plant the foot and it dies for a second then speeds up again, and it was the spark plugs. when mine was serviced, they put the wrong plugs in and it caused that problem, went and got them changed to proper plugs and it was fine.

Back