turbo spec

JGARDE

Middle Lane Hogs
Right lads
i am looking at a ihi vf34 turbo out of a spec c impreza if i buy it what else will i have to change to get safe running out of this turbo i was thinking of getting 550cc injectors,front mount,decat up pipe and a remap would it be much of a upgrade for a wrx bug.

i already have fitted
-full turbo back decat
-walbro fuel pump

i want to try to get the car to 320-350bhp without changing internals

any advice welcome :thumbsup:

That's why I'm asking - in spec c, there should be vf36, later jdm STI's have vf37 and earliers vf30
So maybe it's not spec-c? Or "simple" TypeRA - which have vf34 as far as I remember.
Anyway worth of checking what turbo it is exactly. If twinscroll - vf36/37 you'll need also manifold changed, oil sump etc.

cheers

Don't forget a decent adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator :thumbsup:

i have a hks gt 2530 dat came out of my spec c it is damaged i priced a rebuild of the turbo and it came in at 500 to repair i tink ill take 150-200 for the unit when repaired it would stand u less than half the value of a new unit

If it comes off the spec c type ra and it was original setup - it should be vf36.
If so, you'll need new manifold, uppipe, oil sump and dipstick, also new downpipe with different flange.

Anyway you'll easily see the differences having the turbo in hand. Also there should be model given on the plate.

cheers

version 7 spec c was not twin scroll and had that turbo as far as i know i got one for a friend off a guy who builds rally cars in uk and thats what he said it came off :dontknow:when i got my car mapped by andy forrest he said a vf 34 550cc injectors and a fuel reg and pump would see 320bhp no prob

Back