induction kits

jackswagon

Middle Lane Hogs
hi lads, looking to see what make of induction kits most people are using with a fmic on their classics, I'm looking for reliability more than anything. I'm hearing dry ones are letting particles of dust in and oil based ones can lead to maf issues especially on v5 and v6 models. so best to ask people who are running with them on this set up for 1st hand experience ,

cheers , james. :thumbsup:

I use an Apexi dry filter, it got excellent results in an independant test for air flow and air cleaning. Saying that I wouldn't have a probem putting an oiled one on my car, most people's issues come when they re-oil them after a period of use and use too much oil

the apexi filter seems to be number one choice both here and over the pond by far,thats the way to go for me. thanks for all the opinions on this lads very much appreciated :thumbsup:

k&n seems to be another popular choice, as long as you dont put to much oil on the the filter apparently. as marko said though if i go simtek i need not worry about maf issues at all.

i use k&n myself with a 3 inch inlet pipe, highly recomended by bob rawle :thumbsup:

and of course simtek :subaru:

I used the Apexi dry filter in the type-r without issue, car drove great.

Using a HKS induction kit in the 2.5, had it in it years and no problems at all.

I've had K&N's in other cars and never had a problem with them either. As was said earlier, a new K&N is grand its only when people clean them and re-oil them and use too much oil that the issues happen :thumbsup:

Back