Needles on STi Guages on Startup

you will need to fit guages with this function. Ya can't just make your one's do it. AFAIK any impreza that requires engaged clutch to start has this bar the version6

Good quality aftermarket gauges will do this. My Oil pressure, temp and battery gauge from Autogauge do it.

As for getting your current dash setup to do it I dont think it it possible.

Thanks lads.

Call me childish but,..........I think it looks great. :icon_grin:

Maybe I'll treat myself to it sometime. Only thing is, do I need an engaged clutch to get it to work? (Not that I know what that means anyway! :icon_grin: )

AndyC, I'll check out those guages. Thanks.

Adrian.

[quote author=adrianfa link=topic=19107.msg234369#msg234369 date=1257422824]
Thanks lads.

Maybe I'll treat myself to it sometime. Only thing is, do I need an engaged clutch to get it to work? (Not that I know what that means anyway! :icon_grin: )

Adrian.
[/quote]

Your clutch is engaged when you press it with your foot. :thumbsup:

[quote author=IMPREZAfrank link=topic=19107.msg234373#msg234373 date=1257423056]
[quote author=adrianfa link=topic=19107.msg234369#msg234369 date=1257422824]
Thanks lads.

Adrian.
[/quote]

Your clutch is engaged when you press it with your foot. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I'm just going to crawl into a corner now with shame.........!!
:icon_redface:
!
:smile:

mine is a sti 03 blob eye and it does it... i know were there is a car breakers that has a bugeye and the clocks look the same as mine

Thanks Padraic.
I must have a look at the dash over the weekend to see how hard this may be to do. I don't want to draw a job on myself where I'm going to end up holding my head in my hands. :)

adrian.

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=19107.msg234319#msg234319 date=1257415955]
you will need to fit guages with this function. Ya can't just make your one's do it. AFAIK any impreza that requires engaged clutch to start has this bar the version6
[/quote]

my jdm bug v7 does not do this , and clutch has to be engaged so :dontknow:, but my blitz gauges do the sweep on start up so :dance:

thought it was jus hawk eye myself .

not neccessarrilly childish but it does look KOOL much like the defis

IH0J4157_Mitsubishi_Evolution_Full%20Race_Defi.jpg

Back